SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-20-2019, 09:31 PM
Sage User

Exclamation YouTube(2015) Help

I messed up my YouTube install and would like some help.

It was working fine before I uninstalled the old WU weather plugin, installed the new NWS plugin, and updated Java (since it was nagging). Unwisely, I did all of these at the same time.

Now I have the YouTube plugin half working - it is in the menu structure. I have the ability to log out and in within the plugin. I can see a list of favorite channels when hovering. But nothing requiring data from the internet responds correctly - it flashes the Gathering Information popup, then in less than a second switches to There Is Nothing To Display with a Close button.

I have rebooted the computer, uninstalled and reinstalled the YouTube plugin restarting in between, uninstalled/reinstalled Java. Nothing I have tried remedied the problem. I don't know where else to look or what to try and I would be grateful for any help.

Windows 10 running v9.1.9.778
Java v1.8.0_201

As a side note, is it possible to have YouTube(2015) and Weather show up in the Online screen, not just in the popover menu structure?

Core-i5 6600k
16GB RAM
Hauppauge WinTV-QuadHD
Win10
Old 01-21-2019, 06:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post

It was working fine before I uninstalled the old WU weather plugin, installed the new NWS plugin, and updated Java (since it was nagging). Unwisely, I did all of these at the same time.

Now I have the YouTube plugin half working - it is in the menu structure. I have the ability to log out and in within the plugin. I can see a list of favorite channels when hovering. But nothing requiring data from the internet responds correctly - it flashes the Gathering Information popup, then in less than a second switches to There Is Nothing To Display with a Close button.

I have rebooted the computer, uninstalled and reinstalled the YouTube plugin restarting in between, uninstalled/reinstalled Java. Nothing I have tried remedied the problem. I don't know where else to look or what to try and I would be grateful for any help.

Java v1.8.0_201

As a side note, is it possible to have YouTube(2015) and Weather show up in the Online screen, not just in the popover menu structure?
Thanks for the warning. I haven't been able to install the latest Java even though it keeps nagging.

ASUS P7H55D-EVO LGA 1156 Motherboard, Intel Core I5-661, 2X Crucial Ballistix XMS3 2GB RAM, 2x Mushkin Blackline 4G RAM, EVGA GT 1030SC, 1x Samsung 250g SSD, 1x WD80EFAX 8TB, 2x WDBH2D0040HNC 4TB, USB-UIRT, ASUS Blu-Ray SATA drive, HD-PVR2, WinTV dualHD, Windows 7 64bit
Old 01-21-2019, 09:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Java v1.8.0_201

Post a logfile please.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-21-2019, 05:14 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Post a logfile please.
I'm not wise in the ways of log files, but I'll take a stab that you mean sagetv_0.txt. I restarted the server service and client to generate this fresh.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (161.4 KB, 21 views)

Core-i5 6600k
16GB RAM
Hauppauge WinTV-QuadHD
Win10

Last edited by Beaker; 01-21-2019 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:58 PM
Sage User

In further attempt to repair this, I have uninstalled the latest Java Update (202?) and installed an earlier update (191). It didn't fix this problem.

I uninstalled YouTube(2015) and all it's related plugins and restarted Sage. I reinstalled YouTube(2015) and the new Java didn't solve anything. The problem persists.

Any advice?

Core-i5 6600k
16GB RAM
Hauppauge WinTV-QuadHD
Win10
Old 01-23-2019, 09:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Any advice?
Good news, for you. I am just now seeing similar symptoms, so you are not alone. Something strange is going on.

It is late. I will do a full test tomorrow, assuming I can reproduce the same symptoms, and post logs.

@tmiranda - Do you want logs here or in the plugin's thread?
All in lovely Drexel Hill, PA
Old 01-24-2019, 05:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by egeller View Post
Good news, for you. I am just now seeing similar symptoms, so you are not alone. Something strange is going on.

It is late. I will do a full test tomorrow, assuming I can reproduce the same symptoms, and post logs.

@tmiranda - Do you want logs here or in the plugin's thread?
In the main thread please.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-24-2019, 06:26 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by egeller View Post
Yay! I'm so glad you added this!...

Uh... I mean, [ahem] so sorry for your troubles.

Core-i5 6600k
16GB RAM
Hauppauge WinTV-QuadHD
Win10
Old 01-24-2019, 10:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Cannot reproduce problem yet - No logs for now on Beaker issue

Unfortunately, after restarting SageTV, I cannot reproduce the problem this morning. Youtube is now behaving normally for me, in that the list of videos is coming back and showing. Yesterday, I was not getting the list of videos when I searched. I will need to wait until I see the issue again and grab the logs at the time it occurs.

I am still seeing the issue, reported in the plugin's thread, with showing videos and halting. Certain videos halt, while the sound and time index continue. I posted reports from MediaInfo there and will post today's log in the plugin thread, with notes on how I reproduced that issue.
All in lovely Drexel Hill, PA
Old 01-25-2019, 03:28 PM
Sage User

I have forced the error and located what I think is the result in the log file. You can see from this that I had logged out from YouTube (within the plugin) and this snippet starts with me logging back in. Following that I clicked My YouTube Channel.
Fri 1/25 15:14:54.601 [Timer-1@1636e3a] YT: FavoriteManager: Looking for new Favorites.
Fri 1/25 15:14:54.606 [Timer-1@1636e3a] YT: FavoriteManager: Getting Subscribed channels.
Fri 1/25 15:14:54.612 [Timer-1@1636e3a] YT: DeviceAuth.getUsableAccessToken: Returned valid access code: ya29.GlucBgkPNPLz1q8a44Rz-OKUJ9MdK3Eb7RTUchxlHGP0WvlNbQOporbP6nv6mQIem6q2cjL6Yqx0UGe6cLSza-xnGkalXZn-VylzXHg7AyttM5fTBBoKIy28IMR_
Fri 1/25 15:14:54.619 [Timer-1@1636e3a] YT: DeviceAuth.getUsableAccessToken: Returned valid access code: ya29.GlucBgkPNPLz1q8a44Rz-OKUJ9MdK3Eb7RTUchxlHGP0WvlNbQOporbP6nv6mQIem6q2cjL6Yqx0UGe6cLSza-xnGkalXZn-VylzXHg7AyttM5fTBBoKIy28IMR_
Fri 1/25 15:14:54.626 [Timer-1@1636e3a] YT: Subscriptions.getSubscriptionsForAuthorizedUser: Size of items 0
Fri 1/25 15:14:54.631 [Timer-1@1636e3a] YT: FavoriteManager: Terminating due to exception null
l
Is there some way to get a more detailed exception error?

Core-i5 6600k
16GB RAM
Hauppauge WinTV-QuadHD
Win10
Old 01-25-2019, 04:42 PM
Sage User

Also found this in the sagetvclient_0.log... It's long so I've attached the file for review.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetvclient_0.zip (107.0 KB, 14 views)

Core-i5 6600k
16GB RAM
Hauppauge WinTV-QuadHD
Win10
Old 01-27-2019, 06:37 AM
Sage User

Fixed

For anyone following this thread, a resolution has been achieved. Says tmiranda in a PM...
"I found (and fixed) an error in one of the plugin manifests that I think is the cause of your problem. Try uninstalling YoutTube and NWS. (Both, that is important.) Then reinstalling YouTube."
That didn't quite do it. I had to uninstall all dependent libraries, allow the UI and Server to restart, then reinstall. Now both YouTube(2015) and the NWS Weather (still in beta at time of writing) are working.

Thanks to tmiranda for making and supporting these plugins. I think in this house they are used more than the core functions of SageTV.

Core-i5 6600k
16GB RAM
Hauppauge WinTV-QuadHD
Win10
Old 01-27-2019, 07:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
For anyone following this thread, a resolution has been achieved. Says tmiranda in a PM...
"I found (and fixed) an error in one of the plugin manifests that I think is the cause of your problem. Try uninstalling YoutTube and NWS. (Both, that is important.) Then reinstalling YouTube."
That didn't quite do it. I had to uninstall all dependent libraries, allow the UI and Server to restart, then reinstall. Now both YouTube(2015) and the NWS Weather (still in beta at time of writing) are working.

Thanks to tmiranda for making and supporting these plugins. I think in this house they are used more than the core functions of SageTV.

Thanks. Yes, you will need to manually uninstall all of the dependent plugins and specifically all of the "jackson" libraries.

Tags
youtube