SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-11-2019, 10:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Selecting channels in Channel Setup - anyway to save?

Everytime I mess with things like "tuner Control", or adding-deleting a channel lineup for whatever reason, I have to physically go through all 500 channels and manually select the ones subscribed to.
I realize that these are saved in the wiz.bin backup, but is there another way, or was there ever a plugin which enabled you to SAVE a Channel Setup within a lineup, and be able to recall just it, as opposed to reloading the entire wiz.bin? My perusal of page 171 in the manual didn't uncover what I was hoping to find...
Sage 7 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 2 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - Seagate/Hitachi Deskstar - HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200 networked. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 12-11-2019, 02:47 PM
SageTVaholic

There is a channel lineup save plugin. Do a search on here or look for it in the plugins section.
Old 12-11-2019, 02:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
There is a channel lineup save plugin. Do a search on here or look for it in the plugins section.
Awsome - thanks. I missed it obviously on my first scan.
Sage 7 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 2 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - Seagate/Hitachi Deskstar - HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200 networked. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 12-11-2019, 03:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Be sure to save a copy of the Sage properties file (maybe the whole directory) before using this plugin. I can't remember the exact details, but I used this plugin once and had some issues with this plugin changing something I didn't expect.

--John
Old 12-11-2019, 03:04 PM
Sage Fanatic

That's the tool you want, but I struggled with the instructions a few years ago so here is a brain dump. Once you have your desired channels set up and you know they work properly in the Sage UI, use the tool to export them. If you're using UNRAID, be aware it may land one level above the Sagetv folder with a gibberish name, which is different from what the windows instructions say, but it still works. Then just save the resulting file somewhere that doesn't get blown up when you reinstall. That part is easy.

When you are reinstalling and need to use it to restore channels, you will go to channel setup in the tuner, and Deactivate all channels from whatever the defaults (I always do this because i think this plugin only activates, it will not deactivate unsubscribed channels. COuld be wrong, but I just treat my exported file as the master list). Back in the tuner, click Import, which will create a new text file in your sage folder (or one above). Select all Copy/paste from your saved file back into that new one (I always copy over anything already there), save the file, then go back to the tuner and click import again. These last two steps threw me for a while. The first IMPORT click doesn't import anything, it just creates a file for you to paste in. The second click actually pulls it in.

Final step for me is to then Remove all channel mappings, as for some reason mine come in remapped to weird things. Probably an issue with the text file I use, but its just one click in sage to clear the garbage, and everything works fine. Try that first if your tuners arent tuning properly.
Old 12-11-2019, 03:08 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
Awsome - thanks. I missed it obviously on my first scan.
It's called Import/Export under UI Mod