SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-01-2015, 06:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Google Drive Folders as import directories

I was trying to set my photos folder in google drive as an import directory for sagetv to pull pics from, but it comes up with an invalid directory once I get into the actual Google Drive folder on my PC. Is this expected behavior? I don't know much about how Google drive works, but it seems to keep a local copy of everything on my PC that I would presume be accessible like any other folder from Sagetv import directories.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:53 AM
Sage Fanatic

The default location for google drive is: C:\Users\<user>\Google Drive
Old 11-02-2015, 12:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

I know that much. I've also tried moving it to other locations without success. Anyone here use Google Drive and successfully able to get Sage to see it as an import folder? Sage seems to see the directory up to "C:\Users\<user>\Google Drive" but nothing beyond that.
Old 11-02-2015, 02:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigap View Post
I know that much. I've also tried moving it to other locations without success. Anyone here use Google Drive and successfully able to get Sage to see it as an import folder? Sage seems to see the directory up to "C:\Users\<user>\Google Drive" but nothing beyond that.
I haven't tried, so no idea if it an/should work, however...

Are you running Sage in stand-alone mode or service mode?
If service mode, have you configured it to log in with a real user account?
Does that user account have access to read/write that file location?
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 11-02-2015, 05:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
Are you running Sage in stand-alone mode or service mode?
If service mode, have you configured it to log in with a real user account?
Does that user account have access to read/write that file location?
I am running in service mode. Could you expand upon what you mean by the log in with a real user account. I don't think I know what that means.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I am running in service mode. Could you expand upon what you mean by the log in with a real user account. I don't think I know what that means.
From the SageTVServiceControl.exe program, there is an option to choose who the service is run as. By default, it is run as LocalSystem, which likely doesn't have access to the Google Drive folder. From there, you can change it to run as your actual user account, which likely will solve the problem.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 04-25-2016, 02:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

I've been successful at getting sagetv to see my google drive folders by changing the user account from "Localsystem" to my user account name, but I'm wondering if this caused a new issue for me. My server was inadvertently restarted without knowing it, and I noticed that my HD300's could not locate the server. My server is set up with a password and I'm thinking that because I wasn't logged in due to the restart that the service maybe never started, thus the HD300s could not locate the server? Is this an accurate assumption? If so, is there a way to get the google drive folders setup, so that they can be read by sagetv with the service logged in with the default "Localsystem"?-assuming that having the service logged in as "Localsystem" would fix the issue of the server being restarted inadvertantly and not being logged into windows using my user account.

Thanks.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I've been successful at getting sagetv to see my google drive folders by changing the user account from "Localsystem" to my user account name, but I'm wondering if this caused a new issue for me. My server was inadvertently restarted without knowing it, and I noticed that my HD300's could not locate the server. My server is set up with a password and I'm thinking that because I wasn't logged in due to the restart that the service maybe never started, thus the HD300s could not locate the server? Is this an accurate assumption? If so, is there a way to get the google drive folders setup, so that they can be read by sagetv with the service logged in with the default "Localsystem"?-assuming that having the service logged in as "Localsystem" would fix the issue of the server being restarted inadvertantly and not being logged into windows using my user account.

Thanks.
The service will start up just fine whether the user is logged in to the console or not, as long as the username and password are set properly.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 04-27-2016, 09:58 PM
Sage User

craigap,

When I installed google drive I changed the default location to something that was easier to find. in my case I put the location on a D:\google drive. From there Sagetv finds all the pictures and video files easily.
hope this helps.