SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 05-21-2017, 10:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

Can't get EPG data to update

I have no data in my guide and restarting the server multiple times did not resolve the issue. I tried removing a source and then adding it back in and found that Sage is not connecting to the SageTV server when I type in my zip code; says there was an error connecting. It tells me to make sure I have an internet connection-which I do. It is new internet service I am using. I got a Verizon jetpack hotspot AP and bought a wireless USB antenna for the new internet connection-previously had cable and the computer was wired to the router. The internet is by no means fast, but not dial-up speed either. Wondering if anyone has thoughts as to why there seems to be an error connecting to the SageTV Server for EPG data. Also, this is not the Schedules direct EPG service nor am I using v9 yet.

Could the attempt to connect to the server be timing out before a connection is made? Is there a way to increase that time?
Old 05-21-2017, 03:51 PM
Sage Icon

Keep trying, re-entering the ZIP code. If that doesn't work, try a different ZIP code that is still in your region.

There is a little over 6 weeks of the original SageTV EPG services remaining - sounds like you might be at a good spot to get Schedules Direct setup.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Gave in and updated to v9. Way faster and easier than I thought it would be. Working fine now.