SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

SageTV and Java

I am running SageTV, and it is the latest beta version, but I don't think it has much to do with Sage directly. What happens is that after a couple of days of Sage running, I cannot fast forward anymore, the video will just lock up, and I have to hit stop, and then play again. I have enabled debug logging, and here is what I see:

Tue 1/20 19:12:06.465 I/O error reading in push thread:java.io.IOException: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service

Has anyone encountered this before? Any suggestions?

Ray
Old 01-20-2009, 06:27 PM
SageTVaholic

What version of java? Running any plugins? Remove any other versions of java except for the latest. (Ver 6 build 11) Remove any plugins and just run SageTV naked. (The program, not you.)

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

I had build 7 and 11 installed. I just un-installed build 7. I didn't know I had two versions. As far as plugins, do you mean stvis? Otherwise, no. This machine doesn't do much more than Sage and being a fileserver.

I will see how it goes. Thanks.

Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
What version of java? Running any plugins? Remove any other versions of java except for the latest. (Ver 6 build 11) Remove any plugins and just run SageTV naked. (The program, not you.)

Gerry
Old 01-22-2009, 09:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Still more problems

Last night I got a lot of errors of 333 Event Ids inside the Windows Event Viewer.

"An I/O operation initiated by the Registry failed unrecoverably. The Registry could not read in, or write out, or flush, one of the files that contain the system's image of the Registry."

I am starting to wonder if I should just re-install WHS.

Ray

Tags
java