SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 09-17-2021, 11:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

I use fan art but and like it, but the problem seems to be maintaining it. They keep switching on us. Would we be better off trying to tie in in with Plex or emby
art searching engine since they seem to keep them updated? I don't know if that's even possible but might be easier in the long run.
Old 09-17-2021, 11:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I don't think it is about using SageTV I think it is about fanart ... I have never used fanart in SageTV. I am sure there are a lot of users that use SageTV but have never used fanart.
Using Fanart in SageTV. The TVDB Library plugin by Stuckless - that will stop working in October?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300ís networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 09-17-2021, 02:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
Using Fanart in SageTV. The TVDB Library plugin by Stuckless - that will stop working in October?
Correct. So gemstone users or users of any of the other fanart addons will not have TV based fanart.

Movie fanart is still available through TMDB so that will continue. TMDB also offers TV Metadata and fanart but the plugin was not written to use it for TV.

K
Old 09-17-2021, 03:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechling-burgh View Post
I use fan art but and like it, but the problem seems to be maintaining it. They keep switching on us. Would we be better off trying to tie in in with Plex or emby
art searching engine since they seem to keep them updated? I don't know if that's even possible but might be easier in the long run.
Its actually something I have considered but they don't share an api that SageTV could leverage directly.

The longest lasting solution would be to update the SageTV plugin the use standards like NFO files and in folder fanart (not central). Emby, Plex and Kodi support these standards as well as other tools like Tiny Media Manager and others. SageTV users would need to rely on these other tools to fetch and manage fanart instead of BMT but at least as long as the plugin adhered to that standard it could display the fanart and Metadata

K
Old 09-20-2021, 03:00 PM
Sage Icon

Started work to add TMDB as the default TV Metadata provider

I decided to take this on and at minimum update Phoenix core to use TMDB as a TV Metadata provider. This will at least provide an option for TV when TVDB free versions are shutdown.

When done, I will review what a new TVDB provider would take to write against their paid api and decide from there whether its worth the effort.

K
Old 09-20-2021, 06:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
I decided to take this on and at minimum update Phoenix core to use TMDB as a TV Metadata provider. This will at least provide an option for TV when TVDB free versions are shutdown.

When done, I will review what a new TVDB provider would take to write against their paid api and decide from there whether its worth the effort.

K
Old 09-27-2021, 03:12 PM
Sage Icon

Making progress

I now have the Phoenix as well as the BMT development environments up and running and able to make new builds in both. BMT will need small changes to handle that tmdb will do both movies and tv.

I may start a new thread in the v9 forum so it clear this work is for v9.

K
Old 10-04-2021, 07:50 PM
Sage Icon

TVDB extension

From the TVDB forums....

Quote:
Hi TheTVDB Community Member,

As you may know from previous emails, we rolled out theTVDBís new API (v4) in November of 2020. Since then, we have received and addressed valuable feedback from many projects that are currently developing against v4. If you are among those who have been using the new API, thank you, and please keep the comments coming! If you arenít yet using it, we encourage you to migrate to v4 as soon as possible, so we can incorporate your feedback before we sunset our legacy APIs.

On that note: if you are still using any of our legacy APIs (v1 and v3) you can rest assured that they will not be deprecated until we feel that the development community has had sufficient time to migrate over to v4. However, these legacy APIs will be turned off in the first half of 2022, so we encourage you to reach out and create a v4 API key so that your project can receive all of the beneficial new data that the v4 API has to offer, and so we can address any questions you may have.

For any questions regarding v4, please reach out to us via support@thetvdb.com or our GitHub repo.
Good news as it gives us more time to fix/replace current use of TVDB fanart/metadata.

K