SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #101  
Old 04-22-2015, 03:12 PM
valnar valnar is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,242
Send a message via ICQ to valnar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Thanks! But, you mean now I've got to start opening them to look?!

Hey - my daughters might be willing to paint them!

Andy
My girls seem to be into Zebra stripes these days. That would be funny.
__________________
Server: ASUS Q87M-E, Intel i5-4590S, 8GB RAM, DR-400-6 RM case, 2x Addonics Disk Array 3SA, 9TB disk, 2x HDHomeRun, HD-PVR 1212, Win8.1-64bit, Sage 9
Client 1: HD300 on Panasonic Plasma TC-P50ST60
Client 2: HD300 on Vizio 40"
Others: Sage Client & Placeshifter
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 04-22-2015, 03:19 PM
Opus4's Avatar
Opus4 Opus4 is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 19,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by valnar View Post
My girls seem to be into Zebra stripes these days. That would be funny.
I'll see what can be done...

Andy
__________________
SageTV Open Source v9 is available.
- Read the SageTV FAQ. Older PDF User's Guides mostly still apply: SageTV V7.0 & SageTV Studio v7.1.
- Hauppauge remote help: 1) Basics/Extending it 2) Replace it 3) Use it w/o needing focus
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 04-23-2015, 05:04 AM
Mark57's Avatar
Mark57 Mark57 is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: OKC
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by valnar View Post
'Got the invoice and paid for one via Paypal!!

Pick me out a pretty one.
Me too, but mine will be better.

It's coming in a custom Girl Scout Cookie case box with custom "thin mint" scent. For real. I'm hoping Andy forgets to take one of the cookie boxes out before it ships.
__________________
Mark
____________________
Server: Scratch built server, 16GB RAM, Nvida GeForce 8600 GTS, 6 HD Homeruns, 32 TB Storage, Windoz 10 64 bit, Sage 64 bit 9.2.1, Sage HD-100 & 200 Extenders
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 04-23-2015, 10:44 AM
the_rover the_rover is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Moyock, NC
Posts: 4
I'd just like to say thank you for selling them at fair-market value, which kept the profiteers at bay and made it possible for everybody who wanted one to get one.

Additionally, the way the sale was handled, with plenty of advance notice for people who don't monitor the board on an hourly basis, was terrific.

I've been a Sage user since 2007, and I was just about ready to order my first HD300 when Google happened.

Jeremy
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 04-23-2015, 04:49 PM
sungod sungod is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 93
I agree with the price setpoint being just fine. It gets rid of all the vultures trying to make a quick buck reselling them and puts them in the hands of people who want to use them.

They could have sold none of them... don't like the price? Don't buy it. Simple as that.

Its a good product, worth my hard earned cash.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 04-24-2015, 06:57 AM
Opus4's Avatar
Opus4 Opus4 is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 19,619
I've gotten a few emails asking whether someone's invoice has gone out yet... please note that I can't ship as fast as I could send invoices and I don't want people to pay, then have to wait too long before their order actually ships, so I am sending invoices out as I go along and am trying to ship within a couple days of receiving payment. Please be patient, since there are a large number of orders, as you might expect. Thanks.

Andy
__________________
SageTV Open Source v9 is available.
- Read the SageTV FAQ. Older PDF User's Guides mostly still apply: SageTV V7.0 & SageTV Studio v7.1.
- Hauppauge remote help: 1) Basics/Extending it 2) Replace it 3) Use it w/o needing focus
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 04-24-2015, 08:07 AM
waynedunham waynedunham is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
I've gotten a few emails asking whether someone's invoice has gone out yet... please note that I can't ship as fast as I could send invoices and I don't want people to pay, then have to wait too long before their order actually ships, so I am sending invoices out as I go along and am trying to ship within a couple days of receiving payment. Please be patient, since there are a large number of orders, as you might expect. Thanks.

Andy
Thanks Andy, Myself and a buddy were starting to wonder. Earlier I believe you said there was a "pile" of them to ship out, can you give us some idea of just how big that pile is?

I mean, is it "Dang, I keep tripping over these things!", or yelling out "FOLLOW THE SOUND OF MY VOICE." to the Search and Rescue Team?
__________________
Wayne Dunham
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 04-24-2015, 08:24 AM
Opus4's Avatar
Opus4 Opus4 is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 19,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynedunham View Post
Thanks Andy, Myself and a buddy were starting to wonder. Earlier I believe you said there was a "pile" of them to ship out, can you give us some idea of just how big that pile is?
I have a few hundred to get shipped, thus the request for patience. The good news is that FedEx has already delivered some.

For now, my cats are enjoying sleeping on top of the cases, near the ceiling.

Andy
__________________
SageTV Open Source v9 is available.
- Read the SageTV FAQ. Older PDF User's Guides mostly still apply: SageTV V7.0 & SageTV Studio v7.1.
- Hauppauge remote help: 1) Basics/Extending it 2) Replace it 3) Use it w/o needing focus
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 04-24-2015, 11:05 AM
Opus4's Avatar
Opus4 Opus4 is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 19,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark57 View Post
It's coming in a custom Girl Scout Cookie case box with custom "thin mint" scent. For real. I'm hoping Andy forgets to take one of the cookie boxes out before it ships.
Actually, yours isn't in a Thin Mint case, but I think you'll like the one I used. And, sorry, but all the cookies are gone by now. Yum!

Andy
__________________
SageTV Open Source v9 is available.
- Read the SageTV FAQ. Older PDF User's Guides mostly still apply: SageTV V7.0 & SageTV Studio v7.1.
- Hauppauge remote help: 1) Basics/Extending it 2) Replace it 3) Use it w/o needing focus
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 04-24-2015, 11:52 AM
waynedunham waynedunham is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
I have a few hundred to get shipped, thus the request for patience. The good news is that FedEx has already delivered some.

For now, my cats are enjoying sleeping on top of the cases, near the ceiling.

Andy
I just hope I don't get a box full of cat hair. "Where do I plug my HDMI cable into this hairball?"
__________________
Wayne Dunham
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 04-24-2015, 11:54 AM
Mark57's Avatar
Mark57 Mark57 is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: OKC
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Actually, yours isn't in a Thin Mint case, but I think you'll like the one I used. And, sorry, but all the cookies are gone by now. Yum!

Andy
LOL, I can speak for everyone when I say we'll take them in what ever kind of box you can send them in. Including everything from a CompuServe subscription box to an old U.S.R. 14400 dual std. V.32 bis box. (same size as the HD-200) Yeah, I've been doing this for a few years.
__________________
Mark
____________________
Server: Scratch built server, 16GB RAM, Nvida GeForce 8600 GTS, 6 HD Homeruns, 32 TB Storage, Windoz 10 64 bit, Sage 64 bit 9.2.1, Sage HD-100 & 200 Extenders
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 04-24-2015, 01:59 PM
evilpenguin's Avatar
evilpenguin evilpenguin is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,696
@Andy - Can you do a post in the announcements thread when you expect all the invoices to be out so us paranoid people don't keep bugging you
__________________
Clients: 1xHD200 Connected to 50" TH-50PZ750U Plasma
Server : Shuttle SFF SSH55J2 w/ Win7 Home, SageTV v7, Core i3 540, 2GB RAM, 30GB SSD for OS, 1.5TB+2x1TB WDGP for Recordings, BluRay, 2xHDHR, 1xFirewire
SageTV : PlayOn, SJQ, MediaShrink, Comskip, Jetty, Web Client, BMT


Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 04-24-2015, 02:21 PM
Opus4's Avatar
Opus4 Opus4 is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 19,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
@Andy - Can you do a post in the announcements thread when you expect all the invoices to be out so us paranoid people don't keep bugging you
Yes, I will post when I'm all caught up. But, don't worry -- if I don't get a response to an invoice within 2 or 3 days, I'll reply to the original email in case the PayPal email got flagged as spam or something.

But, again: I'm not sending out all invoices at once. As long as you got my reply to your order, you're in the list.

Andy
__________________
SageTV Open Source v9 is available.
- Read the SageTV FAQ. Older PDF User's Guides mostly still apply: SageTV V7.0 & SageTV Studio v7.1.
- Hauppauge remote help: 1) Basics/Extending it 2) Replace it 3) Use it w/o needing focus
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 04-24-2015, 03:00 PM
samgreco samgreco is offline
Sage Expert
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Villa Park, IL (Outside Chicago)
Posts: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark57 View Post
Including everything from a CompuServe subscription box to an old U.S.R. 14400 dual std. V.32 bis box. (same size as the HD-200) Yeah, I've been doing this for a few years.
Oh I remember those USR boxes. I worked IT in one of their factories for 3 years. Loved that company. Until 3Com bought them out. But thanks for jogging my memory

And did I just see an EvilPenguin fly through here??? Looks like everyone is coming back
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 04-24-2015, 05:20 PM
Fuzzy's Avatar
Fuzzy Fuzzy is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Jurupa Valley, CA
Posts: 9,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by samgreco View Post
And did I just see an EvilPenguin fly through here??? Looks like everyone is coming back
Obviously not... penguins can't fly!
__________________
Buy Fuzzy a beer! (Fuzzy likes beer)

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 04-24-2015, 05:27 PM
KryptoNyte's Avatar
KryptoNyte KryptoNyte is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynedunham View Post
I just hope I don't get a box full of cat hair. "Where do I plug my HDMI cable into this hairball?"
I'm with ya there, Wayne. Men and cats - I'll never understand it.

Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 04-25-2015, 08:31 AM
waynedunham waynedunham is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
I'm with ya there, Wayne. Men and cats - I'll never understand it.

Which could just be rephrased as "Cats - no one will ever understand them, not should they want to." Kittens are cute, cats are just horrible. Was that the sound of Andy "losing" my order?
__________________
Wayne Dunham
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 04-25-2015, 08:37 AM
waynedunham waynedunham is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark57 View Post
LOL, I can speak for everyone when I say we'll take them in what ever kind of box you can send them in. Including everything from a CompuServe subscription box to an old U.S.R. 14400 dual std. V.32 bis box. (same size as the HD-200) Yeah, I've been doing this for a few years.
Another "Newb". I missed the old acoustic modem that you had to plug the handpiece of your desk phone into, but barely.

My first modem was a 300 baud manual modem. By "manual" I mean that much like the old acoustic modems you had to dial the # by hand and wait until you started to hear the handshaking tones from the other end. Then I would flip the switch to turn the 9v battery powered modem ON so it could do its part in the handshake and connect. That on my Atari 800 (original, not the XL that came later).

After I got an Atari 1040ST that 800 became the "heart" of my BBS along with a whopping 10MB (yes MEGA byte) 5-1/4" full height hard drive, and a Prometheus 1200 baud modem.
__________________
Wayne Dunham
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 04-25-2015, 08:53 AM
Opus4's Avatar
Opus4 Opus4 is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 19,619
So while we are teasing about cats vs dogs... I don't understand how dogs are for men and cats are not. Dogs just grovel and whine to get what they want. They obey out of fear of the pack leader, with their tail between their legs, head hung low... happy to do just about anything for that treat and some attention. Cats, on the other hand, are independent and almost couldn't care less what you think of them (more on that shortly). They decide when to interact with you on their terms and believe they are fully in charge. I knew one, who when mistreated by someone I know, waited for that person to take a nap, then peed all over them. My cat sleeps on my lap & greets me when I come in. Friends' cats come up to me when I show up & those are the cats they always tell me hide from everyone else. I guess I just don't understand dogs, even though I grew up with some really great Boxers... if I had a dog, it would be a Boxer.

Excuse me now... I hear hissing and keys clicking in the other room, by the computer where the orders are kept. I better go see what that cat is up to... I hope she wasn't reading the forum out there.

Andy
__________________
SageTV Open Source v9 is available.
- Read the SageTV FAQ. Older PDF User's Guides mostly still apply: SageTV V7.0 & SageTV Studio v7.1.
- Hauppauge remote help: 1) Basics/Extending it 2) Replace it 3) Use it w/o needing focus
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 04-25-2015, 09:19 AM
KeithAbbott KeithAbbott is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southeastern Michigan
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynedunham View Post
Another "Newb". I missed the old acoustic modem that you had to plug the handpiece of your desk phone into, but barely.

My first modem was a 300 baud manual modem. By "manual" I mean that much like the old acoustic modems you had to dial the # by hand and wait until you started to hear the handshaking tones from the other end. Then I would flip the switch to turn the 9v battery powered modem ON so it could do its part in the handshake and connect. That on my Atari 800 (original, not the XL that came later).

After I got an Atari 1040ST that 800 became the "heart" of my BBS along with a whopping 10MB (yes MEGA byte) 5-1/4" full height hard drive, and a Prometheus 1200 baud modem.
You might want to check out this site: http://oldcomputermuseum.com

I found the computer that I made from scratch in 1978 on that site. And when I say made from scratch, I don't mean assembled. I mean soldering all of the chips, resistors, capacitors, etc. onto a pre-made PCB. And then I saved up to buy the 4KB ram expansion.

That computer could blink an LED like nobody's business.
__________________
Server: MSI Z270 SLI Plus ATX Motherboard, Intel i7-7700T CPU, 32GB Memory, Unraid 6.9.2, sagetvopen-sagetv-server-opendct-java11 Docker (version 2.0.6)
Tuners: 2 x SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime Cable TV Tuners, SiliconDust HDHomeRun CONNECT 4K OTA Tuner
Clients: Multiple HD300 Extenders, Multiple Fire TV Stick 4K Max w/MiniClient
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Two HD300s For Sale - Canada jorton SageTV Marketplace 1 01-22-2014 11:26 AM
Two HD300s and one HD200 for sale onlydarksets SageTV Marketplace 4 01-15-2014 04:45 PM
Two HD300s for sale soulprops77 SageTV Marketplace 3 01-14-2014 11:50 PM
2 HD300s for sale HuntHunt SageTV Marketplace 1 10-13-2012 01:56 PM
Will have 6 HD300s for sale in a few weeks akoker SageTV Marketplace 8 10-04-2012 03:53 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.