SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-11-2010, 05:49 AM
Sage User

Advice on Creating a PlugIn for ABC (Australia) Iview Service

Hi,

I have been looking for a while for a way of accessing the Australian Broadcasting Corporation's iView catchup service (http://www.abc.net.au/tv/iview/). As I am in Australia (and the service is geo-locked) other often suggested methods for accessing services like these (i.e. Hulu/PlayOn) are not really viable. I think a lot of Sage users in Australia would enjoy having access to this content.

So, I would like to use my programming experience (such as it is) and create a plugin for iView. I have not created a plug in before but have been working through some examples on how to do basic stuff like change menu options etc.

iView is Flash based and uses SWF verification. My goal is to add an iView entry to the online section and steam the content. Alternatively I could download the content using something like rtmpdump. There are RSS feeds that provide details of what is available. I have tried creating CustomOnlineVideoLinks which can read the RSS feeds without problem but the playing of the content does not work, presumably because of the SWF verification. I have access to the code for a Boxee iView pluin that uses Python scripts and shows how to hande the SWF verfication.

While I am happy to work through the process of creating the plugin myself. However, if someone feels inclined to give me some pointers as to how to best proceed I would be grateful.

Regards,

Mark
Old 10-13-2010, 01:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by foleyma View Post
Hi,

I have been looking for a while for a way of accessing the Australian Broadcasting Corporation's iView catchup service
Mark
It might be less fun than developing your own plugin for it but there are some Playin plugins for Australian TV including ABC, SBS, 9, Ten.

Plugins from: http://www.playonplugins.com/index.php?topic=3189.0

(You'll need to register/login)

Playon from: http://www.playon.tv

Playon Sage plugin from: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49042

Mick.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:26 PM
Sage User

Hi Mick,
I am based in Melbourne and I am contemplating replacing my dvico 6600 (which just does not work with my HP mediasmart server) with the sage tv system. The price seems great but am a little put off by the shipping costs from the US. Is there a local distributor?
Thinking of buying
3 x HD 300
1x tuner into the HP
sage tv version 6
sage client x2
wireless dongles
ir receivers

cheers
Old 05-08-2011, 06:55 AM
Sage User

Just wondering if there has been any progress with iView and SageTV (without going through PlayOn)??