SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 08-11-2017, 05:40 AM
Administrator

STV fixes for SageTV7.xml

While working on a few STV tweaks, I figured I would also look into fixing (or removing) some broken things in the STV.

The main one that comes to mind is the issue to remove broken items from the Online menu. Personally, I think this means pretty much everything except for "Weather", but I suppose I'll just remove "YouTube Videos" and "Channels.com". That would also include the YouTube/Google video search options elsewhere.

I also saw a comment somewhere about DScaler options not being useful... ?

Are there other things to be fixed or removed?

Thanks.

Andy

PS: Note that I'm not looking for suggestions for new features to add; just trying to fix a few things.
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Here's what has been updated so far, though not submitted yet:
  • Removed random misc adjectives after some show titles on malore menus
  • Fixed Music by Artist filtering when entering characters
  • Removed Zap2it logo from System Info screen
  • When configuring an EPG lineup: changed the instruction text, moved SD option to top position, renamed old SageTV EPG option to be for XMLTV/plugins.
  • Disabled access to YouTube, Google videos, and Channels.com... and related options, search menus, etc.
  • Reworded Sync System Time option
  • Removed debug logging option, since that is always enabled now.
Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:38 AM

Yes please do clear all the on Online stuff as there only few channel that are still even open
As for DScaler it should be remove it keep mind that it was only useful with SageTV v7 codec filters.
Something else that need be to fix is change Video/Audio Renderer so that all of them set as default if I recall it was MPEG-2 codec that are show as SageTV codec.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:42 AM
Sage Icon

Maybe change the wording on the 'sync EPG clock with Sage server' to a more generic 'EPG server'.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
Yes please do clear all the on Online stuff as there only few channel that are still even open
I just changed the online things I listed above. I don't plan to review all the entries in the online videos properties file. Maybe someone who uses those feeds could take on the job of updating that list.

Quote:
As for DScaler it should be remove it keep mind that it was only useful with SageTV v7 codec filters.
Since I'm no filter expert... If that's the case, isn't it possible long term SageTV users still have & use those filters? Is DScaler useful to anyone at all?

Quote:
Something else that need be to fix is change Video/Audio Renderer so that all of them set as default if I recall it was MPEG-2 codec that are show as SageTV codec.
I don't know what you mean here -- all the options have a "Default" choice the user can make. ??

Andy
Old 08-11-2017, 11:04 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks, opus! (and my wife thanks you in advance for the music search fix).

How/when will this be issued? I haven't done any upgrades or updates since switching to v9 so I'm not familiar with how it's being done. Will a notice pop up in the notifications area or will I need to watch here and go download a new install?
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
Thanks, opus! (and my wife thanks you in advance for the music search fix).
In case you missed my post on this the other day, you can work around it for now by entering an extra char, then removing it (backspace or Stop command).

Quote:
How/when will this be issued? I haven't done any upgrades or updates since switching to v9 so I'm not familiar with how it's being done. Will a notice pop up in the notifications area or will I need to watch here and go download a new install?
I'm sure it will just be in the next version release.

If you watch the updates on github (or this topic, I suppose), you could just download the STV.

Andy
Old 08-11-2017, 11:13 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
I don't know what you mean here -- all the options have a "Default" choice the user can make. ??
Andy
I think that on new V9 installs, it is defaulting to the SageDecoder, even though that decoder isn't installed, so new users get a playback error. They then need to go to the Settings menu and change to "Default" (which uses whatever the system default is on their computer), or select a specific decoder.

He is suggesting that we should make "Default" the default value.
Source:
Comcast Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250
Old 08-11-2017, 11:25 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
I think that on new V9 installs, it is defaulting to the SageDecoder, even though that decoder isn't installed, so new users get a playback error. They then need to go to the Settings menu and change to "Default" (which uses whatever the system default is on their computer), or select a specific decoder.

The STV doesn't set the default initially, but I did find a video playback test screen in the config wizard that I'll check out.

Andy
Old 08-11-2017, 11:30 AM
Sage Icon

I assume this will be for the default STV only and no change/impact to the V3 Full UI?
Old 08-11-2017, 11:41 AM
Administrator

Another change:
  • Config Wizard playback testing menu uses "Default" instead of "SageTV MPEG <xx> Decoder" settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
I assume this will be for the default STV only and no change/impact to the V3 Full UI?
Correct. I don't use and have no plans to update an older UI that is out of date in many more ways than what I've mentioned here.

These changes are for SageTV7.xml; thread title updated.

Andy
Old 08-11-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:

Yes that right Tiki
Old 08-11-2017, 04:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Correct. I don't use and have no plans to update an older UI that is out of date in many more ways than what I've mentioned here.

These changes are for SageTV7.xml; thread title updated.

Andy
Completely understand and wasn't expecting changes to the older UI.
Just wanted to validate my assumption
Old 08-14-2017, 12:04 PM
Administrator

The STV changes are now in github & will be in the next release, or you can download from github if you want to try it out sooner.

If you do download the STV, get the online video properties files too, since they have some of the YouTube, Google Video, and Channels.com online video sources removed.

But, the changes aren't critical, so waiting for the next release is fine.

Andy
Old 08-14-2017, 12:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Isn't YouTube still being maintained by tmiranda, or is that happening via a Plugin rather than the core UI?
Old 08-14-2017, 01:33 PM
Administrator

My understanding is that the built-in YouTube stuff is not used. I'm sure tmiranda will let me know if that is incorrect and I removed something needed.

Andy
Old 08-14-2017, 04:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The STV changes are now in github & will be in the next release, or you can download from github if you want to try it out sooner.

If you do download the STV, get the online video properties files too, since they have some of the YouTube, Google Video, and Channels.com online video sources removed.

But, the changes aren't critical, so waiting for the next release is fine.

Andy
So does that mean the updated STV only be distributed as part of a full Sage install (or by grabbing files off of Github)?

I had assumed we would receive a system message about an update (I'm not sure exactly what mechanism was used to push the STV updates, but thought it was similar to or part of the Plugin system).
Source:
Comcast Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250
Old 08-14-2017, 04:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
So does that mean the updated STV only be distributed as part of a full Sage install (or by grabbing files off of Github)?

I had assumed we would receive a system message about an update (I'm not sure exactly what mechanism was used to push the STV updates, but thought it was similar to or part of the Plugin system).
At this time, yes, STV updates will come with installer updates. This, frankly, is much easier to manage than the old style update files and server. We discussed making the STV updates a part of the Plugin system, but none of that work has been done currently.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-15-2017, 05:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
My understanding is that the built-in YouTube stuff is not used. I'm sure tmiranda will let me know if that is incorrect and I removed something needed.

Andy
I'll make sure YouTube continues to work.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.