SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Music in Sage

Just wondering if there is anyone out there that is using Subsonic for streaming music. I noticed that it has a WAR option -- my question to the forum and I guess specifically to nielm and jreichen -- any chance this could be integrated into your projects so that Subsonic loads instead of the Music offering of SageTV. I was hoping to the WAR functioning with the Jetty server and although I dropped it into the jetty folder and even manually unpacked it -- I don't see how to register it with the Jetty server that sagem and sage web is using. Any advice?
CLIENTS: 2 x HD200s, 2 x HD300
Old 05-27-2011, 06:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm also curious how many other Subsonic users are out there in the Sage community.

I use Subsonic for all my music streaming, and have actually been playing around with the idea of trying to integrate it into Sage. Aside from lack of time, I also can't really think of any benefits this solution would offer. I currently have both Sage and Subsonic pointing to the same music folder, and one nice thing is that any playlists I create in Subsonic are automatically picked up by Sage.

When I'm sitting in my living room, I listen to music through Sage. In all other cases I'm streaming from Subsonic, either via my computer or my phone.

-Dan
Old 05-27-2011, 12:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Location: Stockton, CA - Most miserable city in the USA, SageTV makes it bearable
I use subsonic as well for my iPhone. For playing music in Sage I'm using the Squeezecenter plug-in. Since squeezecenter is free, and is fairly lightweight in it's requirements, it runs on the same server as Sage and Subsonic.
Client 1, 2, 3, and 4: HD200.
NAS: Synology DS211 4TB (Movie Storage)
Sage Add-ons: Jetty, Neilms Webserver (Jetty), Mobile Web, Play-On Plug-in, Comskip Plug-in
Old 06-01-2011, 06:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

I am just looking to standardize and consolidate my services and the fact that subsonic allows the use of a WAR that can then be put into a jetty server I just thought it would be real easy to integrate into maybe jrechen's mobile web. I just can't seem to get it to work integrated, standalone its perfect.
CLIENTS: 2 x HD200s, 2 x HD300