SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-02-2021, 07:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Itís time - clean, Windows 10 & Sage install - help :)

After 11 years, it’s finally time to update from W7 32 bit to W10 64 bit.

I’m doing a complete clean install of EVERYTHING, on a new, SSD boot.

Advice please on things like USBUIRT, Hauppauge Colossus & HDPVR tuners, etc.

Would you start with Sage, or the Hauppauge software elements first?

What can I save from my 32 bit install, wiz.bin, properties etc.?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300ís networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 10-04-2021, 08:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

You've probably already started by now, but I would do a clean install. Start with any device drivers like Hauppauge, then Sage (and let it install USB-UIRT) driver. Set up your tuners and guide data.

Once all the basics are done, then shut down and copy over your wiz.bin. You might want/need to copy over parts of the properties file but probably not the entire file.
Old 10-04-2021, 10:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
You've probably already started by now, but I would do a clean install. Start with any device drivers like Hauppauge, then Sage (and let it install USB-UIRT) driver. Set up your tuners and guide data.

Once all the basics are done, then shut down and copy over your wiz.bin. You might want/need to copy over parts of the properties file but probably not the entire file.
hehe - yup, have got most of this done - and because it's a clean install, I'm also concerned my 10-year-old wiz.bin has become monstrous.
Any idea what happens to all my recording / files info if I start that fresh as well - won't Sage re-discover everything if all the drive paths etc. remain the same?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300ís networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 10-04-2021, 11:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
Any idea what happens to all my recording / files info if I start that fresh as well - won't Sage re-discover everything if all the drive paths etc. remain the same?
I don't think it will know which shows you have watched, and which shows you have not watched. Also, if you have ever watched a show and then deleted it, Sage knows that you watched that show and will not re-record it (assuming it is set up as a favorite).
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 10-04-2021, 12:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
I don't think it will know which shows you have watched, and which shows you have not watched. Also, if you have ever watched a show and then deleted it, Sage knows that you watched that show and will not re-record it (assuming it is set up as a favorite).
Super. I can live with that. Just started checking plugins. Man, there are so few remaining. I've kept my old installation on a separate drive for comparisons sake, and it looks like quite a few good little plugs are toast
Old 10-04-2021, 12:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Super. I can live with that. Just started checking plugins. Man, there are so few remaining. I've kept my old installation on a separate drive for comparisons sake, and it looks like quite a few good little plugs are toast
Post any plugins that fail and someone may be able to look into fixing them if we can find the sources

K
Old 10-04-2021, 05:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Post any plugins that fail and someone may be able to look into fixing them if we can find the sources

K
Thanks - I'm going through the list today.
Tell me, if I had all the plugings installed on my 32 bit, W7 installation of Sage, is there any way to get them off that drive and insert them into my 64 bit W10 install? Because I have that boot drive - I never kill a working install until I know the new installation is rock sold
Old 10-04-2021, 07:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks - I'm going through the list today.
Tell me, if I had all the plugings installed on my 32 bit, W7 installation of Sage, is there any way to get them off that drive and insert them into my 64 bit W10 install? Because I have that boot drive - I never kill a working install until I know the new installation is rock sold
Having access to the installed files can certainly assist in rebuilding a plugin (can't do it without the files) but it would depend on the complexity of the plugin. We would search to see if we could find the original source somewhere first and if not then try to rebuild it with asking users for files from installed plugins.

K
Old 10-04-2021, 08:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Having access to the installed files can certainly assist in rebuilding a plugin (can't do it without the files) but it would depend on the complexity of the plugin. We would search to see if we could find the original source somewhere first and if not then try to rebuild it with asking users for files from installed plugins.

K
oki doki. thanks

UPDATE: Checking tonight from a HD300, it appears nearly all the plugins I used seem to be active, just three or four fringe items - Youtube, UpNP PlayOn Browser, and a couple of others. I don’t remember seeing many Malore items. Overall, pretty good. Now I’m testing.

Last edited by tvmaster2; 10-05-2021 at 12:53 AM.
Old 10-11-2021, 10:16 PM
Sage User

I'm not OP but I just had to do the same thing. Fresh install. Everything is working except for Sage Recording Extender, which appears to have been hosted on BinTray, which appears to have shut down? Also the webpage listed for the plugin is gone.

It does appear to be in the OpenSageTV plugin repo, but I can't find any instructions for how to install a plugin from there, only instructions for how to add a plugin as a developer. Maybe I'm just missing something obvious.

When I try to install it from the Sage interface, I get the error

Plugin Install Progress: Done - FAILED - Resource Download http://bintray.com/artifact/download...0531211256.zip - Invalid MD5 Sum

Any help in fixing this would be most appreciated. I didn't notice it hadn't installed correctly until I tried to watch Sunday Night Football this morning and found out that it didn't record the end of the game
Old 10-12-2021, 05:40 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDerek View Post
I'm not OP but I just had to do the same thing. Fresh install. Everything is working except for Sage Recording Extender, which appears to have been hosted on BinTray, which appears to have shut down? Also the webpage listed for the plugin is gone.

It does appear to be in the OpenSageTV plugin repo, but I can't find any instructions for how to install a plugin from there, only instructions for how to add a plugin as a developer. Maybe I'm just missing something obvious.

When I try to install it from the Sage interface, I get the error

Plugin Install Progress: Done - FAILED - Resource Download http://bintray.com/artifact/download...0531211256.zip - Invalid MD5 Sum

Any help in fixing this would be most appreciated. I didn't notice it hadn't installed correctly until I tried to watch Sunday Night Football this morning and found out that it didn't record the end of the game
What version of SageTV are you installing ? I looked and it looks like all the SRE plugin files have been moved already as long as you are using v9 of SageTV.

K
Old 10-29-2021, 07:19 AM
Sage User

Quote:
What version of SageTV are you installing ? I looked and it looks like all the SRE plugin files have been moved already as long as you are using v9 of SageTV.

K
ugh. Email alerts from the forum aren't working for me apparently, I thought nobody had replied and you replied almost immediately.

I installed 9.2.6.976
Old 10-29-2021, 03:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
ugh. Email alerts from the forum aren't working for me apparently, I thought nobody had replied and you replied almost immediately.

I installed 9.2.6.976
I will check the version numbers to see if they were incremented when moved.

K
Old 10-30-2021, 08:30 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

I installed 9.2.6.976
I have updated the SRE plugin to now use the GitHub files rather than the bintray ones.... should work now.

K
Old 11-01-2021, 04:01 PM
Sage User

EDIT: Working now. Thanks!

Last edited by JeffDerek; 11-04-2021 at 07:54 PM.