SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

how to import EPG id number from <tuner>.scn file?

I am using a <tuner>.scn file to import channels into SageTV. Is there a option to import the zap2it EPG ID number for a channel in the <tuner>.scn file?

I have the following entry in the <tuner>.scn file. When I run the SageTV channel scan it imports the channel correctly except the EPG ID is: 1. For the next channel the EPG ID is:2 ... and so on.
CH:1 onid:5002 tsid:101 sid:2 frq:3880000 rate:27690 mod:20 pol:1 fec_rate_in:8 sat:0 ctrl:1 #:CCTV9

I know the zap2it EPG ID for this channel is: 29114.

Is there any way to do something like this:
CH:1 onid:5002 tsid:101 sid:2 frq:3880000 rate:27690 mod:20 pol:1 fec_rate_in:8 sat:0 ctrl:1 #:CCTV9 epg_id:29114

Thanks
Old 01-27-2010, 04:59 PM
Administrator

No, the way it matches to Zap2it data is to match by station name or channel number against the lineup used in SageTV. If this is for an HDHR, the instruction in the hardware forum explain how to set it up for the best chance of getting matches.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the reply. No, I am not using a HDHR. It sure would have been nice if I could have just imported the EPG ID from the <tuner>.scn file. I guess my only option is to manually add the channels to SageTV using the "Add Channel to Lineup".
Old 01-27-2010, 11:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Well, if you add the station name the same as the zap2it name, it should be able to match it up with the zap2it ID.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-28-2010, 09:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Well, if you add the station name the same as the zap2it name, it should be able to match it up with the zap2it ID.
That does not seem to work. The station name(CCTV9) is the same as the zap2it name(CCTV9). When I import the channel from the <tuner>.scn file, I do not get any guide data for the channel.

On the other hand, if I go to the channel setup and manually add the channel by entering the station name and station id. Then SageTV displays guide data for the channel.

This channel is not in my provider's lineup.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Oh.. yeah, the community channels like that probably won't match, as zap2it probaly has 50 or so CCTV9 stations, that are all different. What tuner are you trying to use that has to have .scn files?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dOptics View Post
This channel is not in my provider's lineup.
That info is the key. It has to be in the lineup in order for SageTV to have something to match to. The only solution to that is what you are doing: manually add the channel & station ID.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

After a little more experimenting I discovered that only the station id is used to retrieve guide data. The station name can be wrong and SageTV will still retrieve the correct guide data. The exception is when channels are imported from a <tuner>.scn file. In that case, SageTV uses the station name from the <tuner>.scn file to match the station name in the provider lineup. When the match is found, SageTV assigns that station id to the imported channel.

In my case, when SageTV imports the channel CCTV9 from the <tuner>.scn file it does not find the channel in the provider lineup. Since the channel is not found in the provider lineup SageTV assigns the channel the station id: 1. For the next channel not found it the lineup it assigns station id:2 and so on.

It would be beneficial to me if SageTV could import a station_id number from the <tuner>.scn file when a channel is not found in the provider lineup.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:50 AM
SageTVaholic

agreed, that would be nice, but you still ahven't mentioned what is GENERATING the .SCN file. That would help a LONG ways towards working out a final solution.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
agreed, that would be nice, but you still ahven't mentioned what is GENERATING the .SCN file. That would help a LONG ways towards working out a final solution.
I have a dvb-s/s2 tuner that I use to watch North American unencrypted satellite. I use the SageTV channel scan to generate the .frq file, then I delete the channels I do not want, and rename the file to .scn. There is no provider lineup since the channel that are unencrypted are totally random. Sometimes channels like History Hd, Discovery, National Geographic and so on are unencrypted for days, months, or years. There is no one lineup that has all of my channels. I basically have to build my own custom lineup.

As Opus suggested my only option at this point is to manually add the channels.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:42 PM
SageTVaholic

You also don't necessarily have to go through the process of using the frq and scn files, if sage is scanning the files, it's just as easy to just disable the channels you don't want from within sage.

Also, depending on what bird you are watching, you probably CAN use a provided lineup (I'm guessing Dish Network - USA) and just enable/map the channel you are finding.