SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Sage User

Ok i know this isnt really the place for this but I have been searching around for the past 3 days trying to figure out how to setup qam channels over my hvr-1800 and have figured out nothing. when I scan it seems to find nothing yet I know there are channels that have HD cause I can watch them on my sony bravia. any help would be much appreciated.

* split ot its own topic *
Old 04-08-2008, 05:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Did you do as I suggested on your previous request and install the Hauppauge software and configure it there first? Then you can configure it in Sage.

<clarification: that's what I had to do for OTA HD, so I assume QAM would be the same >
Old 04-10-2008, 12:03 PM

QAM on HVR-1800

I recently fought this problem for about a week in a half. At first I could not find any channels in WinTV or SageTV. Then clear QAM channels showed up in WinTV. I found doing a scan in Sage provided inconsistent results. I have dual HVR-1800s and when I would scan the digital lineup I would only get two major network channels, when I scanned the standard I would get them all.

The problem with doing my analog and digital both through the standard lineup was the analog channels replaced the digital. I was also not able to get any EPG data on the HD channels.

Upon reloading XP for the 4th time, various problems forcing the reloads, I managed to think of saving my .frq files from the successful scans I had done previousy onto a different hard drive. When I went to find the QAM channels, WinTV could not see any.

I loaded SageTV and instead of doing a scan this time I manually added the channels to the digital lineup, using the information from the .frq files I had saved. I am now able to tune all the QAM channels available. It isn't a lot since I have a standard basic package through Comcast, but I get all the major networks, plus a CW channel and PBS. The EPG information is showing up and correct as well.

I added the analog tuners to the standard cable lineup and the program guide works great with the analog/digital combined.

It was a long frustrating process but everything works great now, the HVR-1800s look really good and are doing a fantastic job.