SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-23-2011, 03:53 AM
owilsky's Avatar
owilsky owilsky is offline
Sage Aficionado
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Germany
Posts: 447
Will Placeshifter ever play .TS files properly?

My SageTV machine records TS files with Stéphane's LM DVB Smart Recorder.
When I use Placeshifter on LAN without transcoding, TS files are played, but whenever I skip some seconds back or forward, playback restarts at the beginning.
When force transcoding, it works, but quality gets worse.

Will we ever be able to play these files without transcoding on LAN?
__________________
Oliver Kötter
------------
Check this thread for importing German TV Data into SageTV

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-23-2011, 04:51 AM
stuckless's Avatar
stuckless stuckless is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by owilsky View Post
My SageTV machine records TS files with Stéphane's LM DVB Smart Recorder.
When I use Placeshifter on LAN without transcoding, TS files are played, but whenever I skip some seconds back or forward, playback restarts at the beginning.
When force transcoding, it works, but quality gets worse.

Will we ever be able to play these files without transcoding on LAN?
Yeah, I have the same issue Kind of makes the placeshifter useless for most of my content.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-23-2011, 08:43 AM
Comitizer Comitizer is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 174
Agreed. It means that I can't use comskip on the LAN. Not cool.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-23-2011, 01:54 PM
Narflex's Avatar
Narflex Narflex is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Posts: 6,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comitizer View Post
Agreed. It means that I can't use comskip on the LAN. Not cool.
Of course you can use Comskip on your LAN...just use SageTVClient instead. SageTVClient is designed for LAN usage while the Placeshifter is for streaming over the Internet.

TS files playback just fine in SageTVClient...the Placeshifter has a different media player architecture which doesn't handle them as well.
__________________
Jeffrey Kardatzke
Google
Founder of SageTV
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-23-2011, 02:15 PM
stuckless's Avatar
stuckless stuckless is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex View Post
Of course you can use Comskip on your LAN...just use SageTVClient instead. SageTVClient is designed for LAN usage while the Placeshifter is for streaming over the Internet.

TS files playback just fine in SageTVClient...the Placeshifter has a different media player architecture which doesn't handle them as well.
The problem, for me, is that my "clients" are linux based, and as such I don't have the option to run the Windows client

The playback of the .ts files are fine, whether or not the i'm transcoding on the fly, or using direct lan connection. It's just when you try to hit ff or rew it jumps randomly to different locations in the file Why would the hd300, 200, and 100, which are also running linux, have no issues skipping?

I haven't tried this in the 7.1 yet, but I did see that you added a new switch to "fake" the placeshifter into thinking that it is remote, even when it's only the same network... will this fix the issue with the skipping (even though I need to transcode on the fly)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-23-2011, 04:26 PM
Narflex's Avatar
Narflex Narflex is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Posts: 6,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
The problem, for me, is that my "clients" are linux based, and as such I don't have the option to run the Windows client

The playback of the .ts files are fine, whether or not the i'm transcoding on the fly, or using direct lan connection. It's just when you try to hit ff or rew it jumps randomly to different locations in the file Why would the hd300, 200, and 100, which are also running linux, have no issues skipping?

I haven't tried this in the 7.1 yet, but I did see that you added a new switch to "fake" the placeshifter into thinking that it is remote, even when it's only the same network... will this fix the issue with the skipping (even though I need to transcode on the fly)
Because the Placeshifter is using MPlayer for media playback which has its own demux for handling MPEG2-TS content. The transcoder uses a different one as does the server when streaming to media extenders.
__________________
Jeffrey Kardatzke
Google
Founder of SageTV
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For people running Bluray isos through WHS- any blurays not play properly as movie? iansilv Sage My Movies 1 12-20-2010 05:43 AM
Sage not recognizing files properly sunray SageTV Software 3 07-08-2007 01:15 PM
can't play WMA files on MVP (wmv files play ok) zzmystique SageTV Media Extender 6 05-29-2007 06:16 PM
Does placeshifter play .ts file properly? carlgar SageTV Beta Test Software 3 04-05-2007 07:43 AM
dvd files will not play on placeshifter or tv client rnewman SageTV Software 2 03-11-2007 02:36 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.