SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-06-2011, 09:28 PM
ptzink ptzink is offline
Sage Aficionado
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 299
American Idol: Conflict Between Zap2It and theTVDB Episode Numbers

I am not even sure if I am posting this in right place, because I don't know if there is anything BMT can do about it. I am getting incorrect metadata for American Idol recordings because the episode number provided by the Zap2It listings in SageTV 7.1.15 does not match theTVDB.com. Zap2It is one episode number higher for some reason, so I keep getting the next episode's metadata. Is there anyway to rectify this in BMT automatically, or will I just have to do a manual lookup for each episode. The interesting part is that last week it was grabbing the correct metadata somehow even though the episode number was off.
__________________
Server: SageTV Media Center 7.1.19, Windows 7 Home Premium x64, Pentium Core2Duo, 4GB RAM, (1) Hauppauge HVR-2250, (1) Hauppauge HVR-1600, 1.5 TB of recording space
Android MiniClient: Nvidia Shield TV (16GB) HDMI out to Samsung LN46C630 46" LCD
Extender: STP-HD300, beta firmware "20110506-0", HDMI out to LG 37LD450 37" LCD
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-07-2011, 05:27 AM
stuckless's Avatar
stuckless stuckless is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptzink View Post
I am not even sure if I am posting this in right place, because I don't know if there is anything BMT can do about it. I am getting incorrect metadata for American Idol recordings because the episode number provided by the Zap2It listings in SageTV 7.1.15 does not match theTVDB.com. Zap2It is one episode number higher for some reason, so I keep getting the next episode's metadata. Is there anyway to rectify this in BMT automatically, or will I just have to do a manual lookup for each episode. The interesting part is that last week it was grabbing the correct metadata somehow even though the episode number was off.
In the latest build (which came out a few days back), I added support for the new season and episode numbers in the guide data. Phoenix will use the season and episode #s from the guide to do the lookups. The question is really which is right... tvdb or the guide data? If the guide data is wrong, then sagetv core team should me notified so they can investigate. If it's tvdb, then they should be notified.

From bmt's perspective... there's not much I can do except disable using the season/episode information from the guide.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-07-2011, 06:17 AM
ptzink ptzink is offline
Sage Aficionado
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 299
I didn't figure there was much BMT could do about it and it is not BMT's fault at all. Obviously, it makes sense to utilize season/episode information from the guide for lookups. This is probably just a rare case where the guide is wrong. I think tvdb is in the right in this particular case - here is there Season 10 episode listings. If you contrast that with Zap2it's listings here you will see that they split the first week of auditions into 2 episodes for some reason. I am not sure there is much any of us can do about, since I am sure that Zap2it won't be willing to change their episode numbers at this point (or would they?). I will just have to do manual lookups for the rest of the season.
__________________
Server: SageTV Media Center 7.1.19, Windows 7 Home Premium x64, Pentium Core2Duo, 4GB RAM, (1) Hauppauge HVR-2250, (1) Hauppauge HVR-1600, 1.5 TB of recording space
Android MiniClient: Nvidia Shield TV (16GB) HDMI out to Samsung LN46C630 46" LCD
Extender: STP-HD300, beta firmware "20110506-0", HDMI out to LG 37LD450 37" LCD
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-07-2011, 06:21 AM
stuckless's Avatar
stuckless stuckless is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptzink View Post
I didn't figure there was much BMT could do about it and it is not BMT's fault at all. Obviously, it makes sense to utilize season/episode information from the guide for lookups. This is probably just a rare case where the guide is wrong. I think tvdb is in the right in this particular case - here is there Season 10 episode listings. If you contrast that with Zap2it's listings here you will see that they split the first week of auditions into 2 episodes for some reason. I am not sure there is much any of us can do about, since I am sure that Zap2it won't be willing to change their episode numbers at this point (or would they?). I will just have to do manual lookups for the rest of the season.
I'd still file a bug report with sage. I'll look at adding an option to disable the use of season/episode information. At least there'll be an way to turn off the feature if causes more harm than good.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-07-2011, 07:24 AM
ptzink ptzink is offline
Sage Aficionado
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I'd still file a bug report with sage. I'll look at adding an option to disable the use of season/episode information. At least there'll be an way to turn off the feature if causes more harm than good.
I submitted a bug report to SageTV and Zap2it. Tv.com and IMDb show last night's episode as #24 as does TVDB.
__________________
Server: SageTV Media Center 7.1.19, Windows 7 Home Premium x64, Pentium Core2Duo, 4GB RAM, (1) Hauppauge HVR-2250, (1) Hauppauge HVR-1600, 1.5 TB of recording space
Android MiniClient: Nvidia Shield TV (16GB) HDMI out to Samsung LN46C630 46" LCD
Extender: STP-HD300, beta firmware "20110506-0", HDMI out to LG 37LD450 37" LCD
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
episode, metadata, zap2it


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Episode Name Alignment When Using No S or E Numbers ptzink Diamond 5 03-17-2011 02:59 PM
Season/Episode Numbers with 7.1.3 Narflex SageTV Beta Test Software 11 03-11-2011 10:45 PM
American Idol Blackscreen Steve125 Hardware Support 4 03-31-2009 09:50 AM
American Idol finale Blue General Discussion 14 05-26-2007 06:40 PM
American Idol - revote m0ng00se30 SageTV EPG Service 2 03-24-2005 11:41 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.