SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-05-2006, 07:32 PM
Motofreak75 Motofreak75 is offline
Sage Expert
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 578
Send a message via ICQ to Motofreak75
End of show problem with V4.13

Well it seems this always happens to me, but heres the story

New years eve I was running the beta version 4.14 (using 4.13 and early versions without a hitch) and for some dumb reason, the machined locked, And I had no choice but to hard reboot it. And of coarse, the machine wouldnt reboot after that, it would blue screen during bootup. So after a few minutes of trying to repair the boot problem with the XP2 CD, I reformatted the hard drive and installed XP again with the sagetv 4.13 and my network encoder (My Theatre network encoder). For the past few days now, I'm been waiting from to hear from tech support about this issue and trying everything in the book about whats going on.

The main issue is, sagetv freezes at the end every of show (during livetv playback) like 3 seconds to go and sage is locked for 3 minutes into the next show and then you can see the buffer of almost 3 minutes. What I dont get is this just started, and there was no hardware has changed, I thought it was a network encoder problem, but I have logged everything from the encoder to the debug log. And it appears to be something in sage (setup prehaps) because the logs from the mt plugin looks fine. I have double checked everything in in the sage and I have giving up for now, I'm lost for words. Also I checked my plextor unit and it seem to work but everytime the program ends , sage seems to pause for a few seconds and then proceeds to the next program in the epg, but thats seconds not minutes........


if anyone cares to look at the logs and setup file, go wild.

things I have tried already
seeker/fast_mux_switch=false
EPG data from sage/ZAPit & from Corys epg plugin/XML paser from various Satellite (epg from the sats)
trying out different driver version for audio,video and via machine drivers

Copmuter specs
AMD 3200+64
1gig of Apacer ram ddr400
2x 100gigs attach to via raid MB device
FX 5700LE video card using Svideo port
on board 7.1 AC 97 2.3 sound card using S/PDIF fibre cable
Twinhan DVB-S 1020a Satellite card hooked upto HH90 rotor grabbing all the FTA channels
Plextor TV402U USD capture device for local cable


I have attach the all the logs that show the issue but I cant figure it out. and all this started after the reinstall. Maybe I'm missing something, but being stuck at home with the flu is making my brain goto mush, and I cant figure this out.

thanks for letting me vent & asking for help

Scott

Last edited by Motofreak75; 06-19-2006 at 12:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.