SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-03-2012, 07:57 PM
SageTVaholic

How to get zap2it channel logos automatically?

I have "almost" all my channel logos in my SageTV\ChannelLogos folder on my SageTV server. I noticed when I get new channels added in my TVGuide, I don't automatically see a channel logo added. Is there a setting or option I need to enable in order to have my the EPG provider suppliment missing channel logos?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-03-2012, 09:44 PM
Sage Icon

Just checking, you are using version 7.1.x, right? Automatic channel logos were not added until version 7.1.3.
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 02-03-2012, 10:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Been using 7.1.9 since when it was first released.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-04-2012, 12:10 AM
SageTVaholic

I don't believe the logos came from zap2it. I think they were something else from Sage's servers.. might have gone offline or something.. its not something many would notice if it had.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 02-04-2012, 08:44 AM
SageTVaholic

I believe if you are using your own channel logos then you don't get the automatic channel logos from Sage. I think you need to empty out the directory before Sage begins to automatically grab the logos.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:26 PM
SageTVaholic

I found what was wrong. It's working perfectly. I didn't realize that it doesn't have logos for some of the local-specific channels. Now I'm using the automatically provided logos; which many of them look much nicer than what I had.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Now I'm using the automatically provided logos; which many of them look much nicer than what I had.
The automatically provided logos have three sizes available for each channel, Sage will automatically use whichever size works best depending on which screen is being displayed. Doing it yourself, using the ChannelLogos directory, you are limited to one size of logo for each channel.
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 02-04-2012, 04:19 PM
SageTVaholic

All my own logos are 264x198, transparent, and png format. Whether I use them or leave that folder empty, they dont seem to affect the quality of the automatic ones on my 1080p displays. I might have given the wrong idea before, my logos match the quality of the provided logos. I just like the designs better on some of the provided logos. Many of the ones they use are actually duplicates what I already have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
The automatically provided logos have three sizes available for each channel, Sage will automatically use whichever size works best depending on which screen is being displayed. Doing it yourself, using the ChannelLogos directory, you are limited to one size of logo for each channel.

***RIP SageTV***