SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-02-2021, 02:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Can't get Win 10 Network tuners to show up

Okay, I've done this before, but I can't seem to get some network tuners recognized. I moved my HDPVR2's over to a Win 10 machine, and they are set up and working properly. I set "enable_encoding_server=true" just like on my other network tuner.

But my main SageTV server running on an UnRaid docker can't see the devices. I've also tried with another server instance, my HTPC which is my other network tuner, and it also can't see them.

I've triple checked the settings, restarted all the services, and turned off the Win 10 Firewall, but no joy. It feels like a firewall problem, but it was configured by the Sage installer and then disabled so I just don't know.

Any suggestions as to what I'm overlooking?
Old 11-02-2021, 05:38 PM
Sage Icon

wasn't there something about having to turn access to camera on also for win10? or something to do with camera setting? just a vague memory
Old 11-02-2021, 06:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
wasn't there something about having to turn access to camera on also for win10? or something to do with camera setting? just a vague memory
That wasn't it, but thanks. I wasn't aware of this setting but I checked and the camera access was already on.
Old 11-03-2021, 08:52 AM
Sage Icon

See if this link helps
https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...89&postcount=7
This link mentions about "Weren’t there some registry changes needed to make HDPVR2 work with Sage?"

here is the link about Camera Access
https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65539

and here is a link talking about hdpvr2 and unraid
https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65286

hope one of them help you
Old 11-03-2021, 05:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
See if this link helps
https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...89&postcount=7
This link mentions about "Weren’t there some registry changes needed to make HDPVR2 work with Sage?"

here is the link about Camera Access
https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65539

and here is a link talking about hdpvr2 and unraid
https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65286

hope one of them help you
Most of that was good information that I hadn't seen, but it didn't help. I'm still convinced it's a network or firewall issue, because I had an extra pc laying around with Win 10 on it and I was able to set it up with the same tuners and they work perfectly. So now I have to figure out what is different between the two pc's.
Old 11-03-2021, 05:55 PM
Sage Icon

Did you see the post by Stuckless about having to build the driver for the HDPVR2s?

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=11
Old 11-03-2021, 05:57 PM
SageTVaholic

After checking that camera access was flipped to "on" is there a secondary list of apps that are allowed access to the cameras, and is SageTV properly identified in that list of apps allowed to use the cameras?
Old 11-03-2021, 06:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Did you see the post by Stuckless about having to build the driver for the HDPVR2s?

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=11
The HDPVR2s are connected to a Win 10 box, not Linux. I'm using them as network tuners, so the Sage instance running in Unraid just sends commands to the Win 10 instance.
Old 11-03-2021, 06:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
After checking that camera access was flipped to "on" is there a secondary list of apps that are allowed access to the cameras, and is SageTV properly identified in that list of apps allowed to use the cameras?
Yes it's correct. Recording locally has never been the issue, it's using the HDPVR2s as network tuners that's the problem. My other servers don't see them and never show them in the list of tuners to add, but only from that one pc.

I'm actually recording from an HDPVR2 on my temporary pc right now as a network tuner, and it's configured the same way as the other pc. And the firewall is enabled, too.

But on my desired pc, it's like they are firewalled out even though the firewall is disabled.
Old 11-03-2021, 07:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
... it's using the HDPVR2s as network tuners that's the problem...
Please forgive my ignorance here, but ... how do you get HDPVR2's recognized as a network tuner
Old 11-03-2021, 08:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Please forgive my ignorance here, but ... how do you get HDPVR2's recognized as a network tuner
It's a SageTV feature that I love, where you can run the SageTV server on a remote system and use it as a network tuner or rather encoder.

For example, I have a cable STB in my family room where I have an Intel NUC as our HTPC, so I have an HDPVR connected to it and use it as a remote tuner. I have it set to a lower priority so as not to interfere too often with the wife using the STB or me watching sports on it, but it comes in handy to have an extra tuner.

Since I couldn't get the HDPVR2 recording method to work with my Unraid SageTV docker, I set up a Windows VM to host the HDPVR2s and ran SageTV service as a network encoder. But it's been unstable, so I wanted to move them to a real computer running Win 10, and that's where I ran into trouble. It's just that computer though, as I set it up on another computer I had laying around and all is fine with it.

I just created this thread in the hopes that someone would point out something I had overlooked.