SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-04-2021, 12:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Installed latest Linux jar and stv (9.2.6) unable to connect to HD 300 placeshifter

I've been running Sage on a Ubuntu server for several years and decided to upgrade to the latest jar and stv due to the new weather info provided by OpenWeatherMap. I've done this several times in the past with no problems by just replacing the jar and stv files. This time however, when I restart the server, my HD 300 as well as my placeshifter refuse to connect to the server. I have a Windows client that will connect to the server but won't record/play any channels. I checked the permission of the jar and stv files, they are the same as the originals. All is well when I revert back to the originals. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 12-04-2021, 12:51 PM
Sage Icon

What does the server log file show when you try to connect?

What version were you using before?
Old 12-04-2021, 04:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

I upgraded to java 11 and that seemed to do the trick. I was using 8. Thanks for the response, the server log did show some strange java exceptions so that led me to believe that was the problem.