SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-04-2022, 08:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Same over here, still using SageTV every day. Started with version 2 in 2003. I really like the way I can forward or go back easily. Even with streaming services, I prefer to download first as I really do not like having to wait for things to get buffered whenever I want to go back or skip over something. So thanks to all the developers from me as well!
Old 01-04-2022, 09:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Wischgol View Post
Same over here, still using SageTV every day. Started with version 2 in 2003. I really like the way I can forward or go back easily.
SageTV does this better than anything else and it is crucially important for me as I use it to watch sports WAY more efficiently.
Old 01-05-2022, 10:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Still a die hard user here too. I float in and out of the forums. Try to lend a hand when I can. Love this system!
Old 01-06-2022, 07:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Wischgol View Post
Same over here, still using SageTV every day. Started with version 2 in 2003. I really like the way I can forward or go back easily. Even with streaming services, I prefer to download first as I really do not like having to wait for things to get buffered whenever I want to go back or skip over something. So thanks to all the developers from me as well!
Same here. It's crazy to me that services like Plex that have active support from full development teams still don't have playback working nearly as well as Sage does. There are rumblings that Frontier (my tv provider) is ditching TV service altogether,... I have no idea what I'll do when that happens.
Old 01-07-2022, 01:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

lol

I guess I am part of the Club? I have promoted using SageTV wherever I encounter cord cutters looking for options. I too switched to OTA for bulk of my viewing since I am not willing to feed the beast so to speak to get Entertainment. They get enough through ads etc. I am grateful I live in a market that offers some OTA. Many areas in the Great White North don't & force you to pay to get tv shows.

Galaxysurfer
Old 01-13-2022, 05:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm still here with 3x R5000-HD moto cable boxes for any mpeg2 DRM channels and 2x HDHomeRun prime for all the h.264 channels. So far, I have not come across an h.264 DRM channel on my cable provider, which is a relief. SageTV 9 x64 has been running super well. Thanks for all the upgrades over the years. Is there any support planned for h.265 4k channels?
Old 01-13-2022, 05:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by guho View Post
Is there any support planned for h.265 4k channels?
What is the source of these channels? Are these on cable? To capture those channels we would need some sort of a tuning device or encoding device. It sounds like you have been able to use devices that allow you to directly capture the digital signal. I don't think that is available for h.265 4k channels, at least not yet. But there are devices that could encode from a 4K HDMI signal, such as Uray encoders.

Here is an example https://www.amazon.com/Decoder-Adver...dp/B07C3HQTK1/

But these require a way to change channels, like a USB-UIRT. They capture and re-encode the video signal.
Old 01-15-2022, 01:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks!

Iím still here too. I donít even remember when I started. I too was a Beyond TV user who saw the light. I donít post that often because things are still working really smoothly after all these years. I really appreciate everyone who works to keep all of this still running and I am amazed by all of your talents! Thanks so much.
Old 01-17-2022, 10:58 AM
Sage User

So I've now got 1 HDHR running with both tuners configured for OTA -- Sage sees about 30 channels - getting a few I've never had so That's a plus.
Still running in "test" mode in regards to the OTA - today I'll bring my other HDHR online for some further testing - before I pull the CATV plug.

Onwards and upwards!
Old 01-17-2022, 11:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnflaherty View Post
So I've now got 1 HDHR running with both tuners configured for OTA -- Sage sees about 30 channels - getting a few I've never had so That's a plus.
Still running in "test" mode in regards to the OTA - today I'll bring my other HDHR online for some further testing - before I pull the CATV plug.

Onwards and upwards!
You need to retitle this thread now!
Old 01-17-2022, 01:21 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
You need to retitle this thread now!
You are very much correct