SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 04-15-2011, 05:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

dvb-t2 support in sage

Hi

I have pctv 290e nanostick freeview HD ( dvb-t2 ) tuner which works with the rubbish freeware and apparently with w7 mediacenter. However it doesn't seem to work with the latest sagetv beta ( 7.1.15 ). I'm assuming sage doesn't support it because they are an american company.

I was wondering if anyone knew when/if sagetv was going to support freeview HD.

Thanks

PS I know people are having luck with dvblogic but I honestly would rather just wait till sage supports dvb-t2.

CORRECTION: dvb-t2 tuners DO work with sage tv. However UK freeview HD EPG (over the air) is encoded/compressed.

(sorry genuinely wasn't working until OS re-install )

Last edited by matterofrecord; 07-31-2011 at 07:01 AM.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:26 AM
Sage Expert

This thread may help
Old 04-22-2011, 10:18 AM
Sage User

I think you will have a long wait. I have the Blackgold 3620 dual DVB-T2 card. I posed the question of native support in SageTV but got no firm answer. I've gone for DVB logic & it's fine. Very reliable but very confusing to set up unless you use Damien Flynn's fine guide. See this post
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53018
Old 04-22-2011, 03:23 PM
Sage Expert

As the thread I linked to shows that pctv nanostick works fine with DVB-T2 natively in Sage.

Don't believe DVB-T2 format support is the issue here, it's whether a given card is supported in Sage.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfire View Post
As the thread I linked to shows that pctv nanostick works fine with DVB-T2 natively in Sage.
It certainly works fine for me. What problems are you having matterofrecord?

Edit: Just seen your PM. Indeed, Sage does not pick up HD channels during a scan with this tuner. There is a thread somewhere here where somebody else says they have reported the problem to Sage. In the meantime the solution is to find the tuning details on the web and edit the FRQ file manually.

Last edited by fac13; 04-26-2011 at 06:56 AM.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fac13 View Post
It certainly works fine for me. What problems are you having matterofrecord?

Edit: Just seen your PM. Indeed, Sage does not pick up HD channels during a scan with this tuner. There is a thread somewhere here where somebody else says they have reported the problem to Sage. In the meantime the solution is to find the tuning details on the web and edit the FRQ file manually.
er could do with your help with this. I've done tons of scans and never got an hd channel. The hd channels are there as the bundled app gets them.
I re-edited the predefined frq tables to the correct frequencies and did a scan and only got the dvb-t channels - no dvb-t2 channels. I'm using straightforward sagetv, it's not running as a service and I have no extenders or placeshifters.

I submitted an support request to sage ( before the google buy out happened ) they asked for logs from both vista and xp and both with frq files set normal and purely to HD channels. ( double checked correct frequency with media portal and online). sent them all the error logs they asked for and they said that in a few weeks they were updating their dba scanning engine and I should wait for the new engine and retry. Now that google owns sage I don't hold too much hope. BUT if anyone is getting HD channels using a pctvsystems nano stick I could really do with some help on this

CORRECTION: dvb-t2 tuners DO work with sage tv. just got it working.

Last edited by matterofrecord; 07-31-2011 at 07:02 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Not sure what help you're looking for? If it's help getting a scan to work then I suspect Sage support is your only hope because as I said in my earlier post, Sage does not detect HD channels during a scan so the only way to watch them is to add the channels to your frq file. Personally I prefer to maintain these file myself so the scanning problem doesn't bother me.

The entries you need depend on the transmitter you receive Freeview from, but you should be able to find the details elsewhere on net, or tell us where you live and hopefully somebody will be able to give you the entries you need. I get my TV from Winter Hill.

I'm going go be without Internet for the next week :-0 so sorry won't he able to help further for a while.

Tags
290e, dvb-t2, freeviewhd