SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 05-14-2014, 03:18 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hd300 Problems

Hey guys I just bought a bunch of HD300's from someone on ebay. What I found interesting is that the menu on them is like the default sagetv look as opposed to my other HD300's that have the blue menu with the larger icons. I don't know how that is changed but if someone could lend some insight that would be great.

Also one of the units isn't working via IR. I think it is weird and possibly software because I tried the external IR and the internal. Both seem slow and ignoring responses. Any suggestions here?

Thanks a lot!

Neil
Old 05-14-2014, 05:43 PM
Sage User

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I would start by booting them in standalone mode and verify firmware version loaded on each. I know various forum members advocate a couple of the final beta versions due to some audio protocol fixes. I run the final "official" version, so I can't quote the exact numbers, but I'm sure a forum search will turn them up. This will show you what is loaded on the hardware vs any custom sti's or plug-ins on your sagetv server. You can compare this to your existing hardware to see if any differences may account for the different menus you are seeing.

As far as the IR lack of response, have not run onto that, but would be concerned about IR receiver failing if unit is used - hopefully still within return period.

Good luck!
Old 05-14-2014, 07:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

Thanks for the response but I am not sure what you are saying. I checked if there are updates and there are none. Well there is if I want to downgrade but these seem to have the beta firmware. I've just never seen this style of stand alone mode.

Neil
Old 05-15-2014, 03:00 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffneil View Post
Thanks for the response but I am not sure what you are saying. I checked if there are updates and there are none. Well there is if I want to downgrade but these seem to have the beta firmware. I've just never seen this style of stand alone mode.

Neil
Hi - what I meant to suggest was boot new extenders independent of sagetv server software, then check settings>system information to find out firmware version for comparison with with current setup.

My thinking was that if they were purchased used the previous owner may have upgraded to beta version with possible different appearance - sounds like this may be part of the answer
Old 05-15-2014, 07:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

The standalone UI you're seeing was added to one of the beta HD300 firmware releases, see here, you had to enter a code before you could change the STV used in standalone mode though.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:09 AM
Sage Expert

Regarding the IR, I have two units (bought off Ebay) where the internal IR does not work. I have to plug in an external IR for the unit to respond.

Every unit I've bought I first did the factory reset procedure to and then reloaded the firmware (not the latest, it has an issue with HD sound).
Old 05-15-2014, 09:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Regarding the IR, I have two units (bought off Ebay) where the internal IR does not work. I have to plug in an external IR for the unit to respond.

Every unit I've bought I first did the factory reset procedure to and then reloaded the firmware (not the latest, it has an issue with HD sound).
Sorry this isn't helpful but if you get the IR fixed let us know. I bought one that did the same. They knocked $50 off and we called it a day. I reloaded the firmware a half dozen times and tried various things with no luck.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:22 AM
Sage Fanatic

This morning it worked really great for a little bit. Then it stopped working really well. I don't get it because I tried two external IR receivers and the onboard. I tried the web interface remote and it works very very fast. Very strange.

The seller who is a user here advised me on the stand alone interface which is all straight now. He had a different ui loaded. That is resolved. The IR is the big issue. If I could use it in a room where I use the web interface solely it probably wouldn't be a big deal.

Neil