SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-04-2017, 12:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sage deleting old recordings

The short version of this is Sage deleted a number recordings that I didn't want deleted.

Early today I got a System Message Alert from Sage that I was low on disk space. This message was incorrect by a long shot. I have 2 recording drives and each have at least 400 GB of free space.
I actually had 3 recording folders at the time but have since removed the 3rd folder where these recordings used to be stored. The 3rd folder was on a NAS device and set to only use 20 GB, so Sage would not record to this folder. The other are local drives and still in use.

I am running Sage 9.1.7 on Windows 7, Jave 8 something.

I wasn't all that concerned when I first saw the low disk message, knowing that I actually should have plenty.

For the record, life will go on fine without these recordings. My concern is that Sage deleted recordings when I don't think it should have deleted anything without me explicitly asking it to.
I have not not yet verified what some of my Sage settings are set to in relation to deleted recordings to make room, when needed. I don't use intelligent recording and I thought any settings to auto delete anything were disabled.

I will attach additional log files in another post. Some are too large even zipped to be accepted by the Forum. I have attached 2 and I still have another 2. I definatelly see in the logs were Sage deleted the files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (635.4 KB, 100 views)
File Type: zip sagetv_1.zip (17.5 KB, 95 views)

The only constant in the Universe is change.
Old 11-04-2017, 12:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

All the log files should be available at the following URL:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...yH?usp=sharing

The only constant in the Universe is change.