SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Sage Expert

HD Homerun not detected - any ideas?

I've installed the hd homerun software on another computer and verified the hardware's working, but it's not working on my sage server.
Problem started 2 days ago as far as I can tell.

I've disabled windows firewall to see if that was the problem. Rebooted. Removed & reinstalled the software. On my other machine, I upgraded the firmware.

Can't think of any reason why the hd homerun isn't being detected.

I'm running out of ideas.

-------------------
The bright spot - I was considering upgrading to Windows 7 anyway and it looks like may push me along a bit faster. (Probably the earliest I can do this is Friday)

But I'd still rather get the HD Homerun working without resorting to that.

Anyone got any tips or anything else I should try?
Old 11-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

You can go to Silicondust. Here is what it says:

Code:
Please note that these directions apply to Digital Cable users only.

1) If you haven't already, upgrade to the latest version of SageTV 6.5 from http://www.sagetv.com/download.html

2) Open HDHomeRun Setup, verify all the channel names on the channels tab. If you want channel numbers to transfer into Sage, they must be in cable format, e.g. KTVUDT on 702, not 2.1.

3) After all channels have been named/numbered, click Apply and then OK.

4) Open SageTV.

5) Go into Channel Setup in SageTV and perform a channel scan, repeating it for the second tuner if both tuners are being used.

If you are still encountering this error after following the above steps, please:
1) Close SageTV.

2) Open HDHomeRun Setup, and enable the debug connection on the Support tab.

3) Open SageTV and attempt to watch live TV for 5 minutes.

4) Submit a trouble ticket at http://www.silicondust.com/tickets
Old 11-08-2010, 08:58 PM
Sage Expert

I've contacted SageTV support in the past, and they are great, but I've proven this is not a problem with their hardware. It works fine on my other computer. I'm convinced the hardware is fine.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Can the HDhomerun be seen by the Silicon Dust software running on your Sage Server?
Sage Server: AMD Athlon II 630, Asrock 785G motherboard, 3GB of RAM, 500GB OS HD in RAID 1 and 2 - 750GB Recording Drives, HDHomerun, Avermedia HD Duet & 2-HDPVRs, and 9.0TB storage in RAID 5 via Dell Perc 5i for DVD storage
Source: Clear QAM and OTA for locals, 2-DishNetwork VIP211's
Clients: 2 Sage HD300's, 2 Sage HD200's, 2 Sage HD100's, 1 MediaMVP, and 1 Placeshifter
Old 11-09-2010, 07:31 AM
SageTVaholic

So are you saying this was all working fine up to 2 days ago? Or is this a new isntallation as of 2 days ago? Are you sure you're not having IP address conflicts? The HD homerun should also be able to be seen in the Network Places of a Windows machine. Is the HD Homerun plugged into a switch? Have you reinstalled the BDA drivers? If this is a new install did you start up Sage BEFORE trying to install the HD Homerun?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:40 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbeers View Post
Can the HDhomerun be seen by the Silicon Dust software running on your Sage Server?
No, it can't be seen on the sage server. It can be seen on my desktop computer.

I've made sure only one computer has the hd homerun software open at a time.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:41 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
So are you saying this was all working fine up to 2 days ago? Or is this a new isntallation as of 2 days ago? Are you sure you're not having IP address conflicts? The HD homerun should also be able to be seen in the Network Places of a Windows machine. Is the HD Homerun plugged into a switch? Have you reinstalled the BDA drivers? If this is a new install did you start up Sage BEFORE trying to install the HD Homerun?

Gerry
Yes - just fine until 2 or 3 days ago. Not a new install.
I'll get back to the IP conflicts question.
The hd homerun is plugged into a switch. It was originally plugged into my router, but I plugged it into a switch instead last night to try to troubleshoot. It's on the same switch as my computer.

I did reinstall the BDA Drivers
This isn't a new install
Old 11-09-2010, 08:45 AM
Sage Expert

When I first started to respond to this thread this morning, I opened up the hdHomeRun Setup on the sage server and it detected 2 tuners.

That was 20 seconds ago.

Just tried again and no tuners found.

And just tried again and 2 tuners found.

Frustrating to say the least.

I did get an IP conflict last night on my sage server. My sage server has a static IP assigned.

I'm gonna go through my router and try to find out where the conflict is coming from.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:06 AM
Sage Expert

I found the mac address that caused the conflict last night, but not I can't reconnect to my sage server. I can get to another PC, but right now can't figure out which IP was in conflict.

I think my sage server is just starting to act crazy. Maybe it's just time to upgrade to windows 7.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Sage Expert

And I was just able to get back on my sage box.

The mac address is 00:0d:fe:07:7d:ba

That device is not currently connected, however I have two other devices on my network unidentified with macs starting with 00:0d:fe

It's gotta be one of my hauppauge MVPs that caused the conflict last night.

I'm thinking now - IP conflicts, trouble connecting to hd homerun over the network, trouble connecting to sage box over the network (never have any problems connecting when watching TV) but still...Maybe my sage server is having issues with the network card.

I've got a wireless NIC I can attach to my sage server to rule out any issues with the onboard nic.

I'll be able to test that tonight.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Sage Expert

I'm not sure why this just started messing up recently, but I fixed it.
I was getting a conflict from one of my hauppauge media mvp's (yeah, I've still got a couple of them around). Not sure why my router kept giving it that IP when my server had the same static ip, but I changed my server's IP from .8 to .80.

All's well.

I will eventually upgrade my box to windows 7, but hopefully I'll be able to do it on my time and not because I need to fix a problem.