SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 10-18-2022, 10:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

v1.14 Client on Shield 2019 entering numbers?

I have tried everything I can think of to add (change) the Fast Forward & Rewind times using the client on a Shield 2019 with their current remote.

There is what looks like a keyboard option if you hold the center button down for a bit, but when I click on that, no keyboard comes up.

Am I missing something obvious? Kind of hope so.

Thanks, Bill
Old 10-18-2022, 02:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
I have tried everything I can think of to add (change) the Fast Forward & Rewind times using the client on a Shield 2019 with their current remote.

There is what looks like a keyboard option if you hold the center button down for a bit, but when I click on that, no keyboard comes up.

Am I missing something obvious? Kind of hope so.

Thanks, Bill
Are you talking about the 'Detailed Setup/Customize/Multi Speed FF/RW options' menu? You can get to that just by touch-screen commands, but I'm not sure of a Shield's restrictions. If you hold the center button down, does the entire function overlay screen appear, the one that appears when you swipe-right on an Android phone for example?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300ís networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 10-18-2022, 03:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Center button causes pops up menu with all sorts of options. One looks like an icon of a keyboard. But nothing happens when I click on it. Yes, detailed setting, under the exact menu choice in the OP. -Bill
Old 10-18-2022, 08:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
Center button causes pops up menu with all sorts of options. One looks like an icon of a keyboard. But nothing happens when I click on it. Yes, detailed setting, under the exact menu choice in the OP. -Bill
Is there a SECOND icon that looks like a keyboard - it may be off to the right? There is on my screen. One works, one doesn't.
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300ís networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 10-19-2022, 06:19 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
Long story short, I have a VM of SageTV for Amazon to test the app against. Because of my Azure subscription expiring, the VM was shutdown, and when they went to test the app they were not able to connect the client to a server. I started the server back up and submitted the app again. Hopefully it will get approved. It is supposed to be available no later than 10/19. Hopefully it gets approved without any issues

Google app submissions are so easy, Amazon on the other had is a royal pain in the butt.

Josh
Amazon release is finally approved and live in the App Store.

Josh
JavaFFmpegLibrary
SageTVTranscoder

If you like the work I am doing and would like to support it you can become a Patreon member.
Old 10-19-2022, 06:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
Amazon release is finally approved and live in the App Store.

Josh
I can confirm, it looks like mine updated overnight. Thanks!
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 11-02-2022, 11:48 AM
Sage Icon

exoplayer on 4k firestick max? (or other way to get 1080i to look good)

I'm starting to get paranoid that my HD300 will eventually fail, and I've been trying to make the Android TV Miniclient behave on my Firestick 4k max.

The problem I'm having is that I can only do playback via ijkplayer, and it does not do proper deinterlacing of 1080i MPEG2-PS video, so the playback looks janky, especially around motion. If I try to use exoplayer, it hangs and complains about max retries exceeded. I could have sworn I also saw it say something about audio. I tried to force ffmpeg for audio, but that didn't seem to help. Somebody else was complaining about what looks like the same thing a few months ago (though ijkplayer didn't work for him).

I'm able to play the same recording on Plex. It looks perfect, and does great deinterlacing. It looks basically as good as the HD300. From Plex's settings, it seems like it is doing direct play of the mpeg2-ps file, and using exoplayer.

Is there any trick I can do to get decent playback on the 4k stick?

In case it matters, I'm running server SageTV v9.2.2.268 on Linux

Thanks in advance for any help!

Drew
Client: Nvidia Shield (HD300, HD100 in storage)
Old 11-02-2022, 04:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewg View Post
I'm starting to get paranoid that my HD300 will eventually fail, and I've been trying to make the Android TV Miniclient behave on my Firestick 4k max.

The problem I'm having is that I can only do playback via ijkplayer, and it does not do proper deinterlacing of 1080i MPEG2-PS video, so the playback looks janky, especially around motion. If I try to use exoplayer, it hangs and complains about max retries exceeded. I could have sworn I also saw it say something about audio. I tried to force ffmpeg for audio, but that didn't seem to help. Somebody else was complaining about what looks like the same thing a few months ago (though ijkplayer didn't work for him).

I'm able to play the same recording on Plex. It looks perfect, and does great deinterlacing. It looks basically as good as the HD300. From Plex's settings, it seems like it is doing direct play of the mpeg2-ps file, and using exoplayer.

Is there any trick I can do to get decent playback on the 4k stick?

In case it matters, I'm running server SageTV v9.2.2.268 on Linux

Thanks in advance for any help!

Drew
Did You update to the latest SageTVTranscoder plugin ? then try exoplayer ?