SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV Australia/New Zealand

Notices

SageTV Australia/New Zealand SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the Land Down Under - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in Australia and New Zealand.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:41 AM
Sage User

Foxtel and SageTV 2010 - Anyone got a working setup?

Hi

Does any have a Foxtel dual tuner HD IQ (or any Foxtel stb) working and fully integrated with SageTV. How is the setup, IR control, EPG handled?

I am considering a whole setup as I have SageTV server working a treat, but want to add Foxtel...

thanks
Ian Brown
Old 04-02-2010, 10:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by iannbrown View Post
Hi

Does any have a Foxtel dual tuner HD IQ (or any Foxtel stb) working and fully integrated with SageTV. How is the setup, IR control, EPG handled?

I am considering a whole setup as I have SageTV server working a treat, but want to add Foxtel...

thanks
Ian Brown
Hey there,

I don't have cable but imagine that the best way to go if you require HD (I'm not sure how much of Fox's programming is in HD) would be with the Hauppauge HDPVR as used by many US users throughout the forums. For channel changing you'd be best to acquire an usb-uirt (usb universal infrared receiver/transmitter (search for it by name)) as the ir sender supplied by Hauppauge has been reported as problematic. If you're not aware of the HDPVR a quick search of the forums should be enlightening .

If you don't require HD Foxtel then a TV card that can record/encode analog sd signals to mpeg in hardware such as the Hauppauge
MCE 150 or 500. PM me know if you'd like one cheap as I have a few lying around from a pre DVB incarnation of SAGE etc.

In theory you should expect to be able to use any old dvb-c card with the appropriate CAM to plug in your Foxtel card. Unfortunately the CAM required for decoding Foxtel doesn't seem to be available

Mick.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

You could get a DVB-S ( or DVB-S2 ) Device, an appropriate MDAPI cam, Card Reader and use the 'DVB Enhancer for SageTV' ( http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36814). I've used it successfully with Foxtel. It is easy to setup, it works well, mpogr and the rest of the user community provide good support & feedback.

Cheers

Peter
Old 04-03-2010, 09:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjb View Post
You could get a DVB-S ( or DVB-S2 ) Device, an appropriate MDAPI cam, Card Reader and use the 'DVB Enhancer for SageTV' ( http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36814). I've used it successfully with Foxtel. It is easy to setup, it works well, mpogr and the rest of the user community provide good support & feedback.

Cheers

Peter
Nice. Any chance of a quick rundown on your configuration?

Mick.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickp View Post
Nice. Any chance of a quick rundown on your configuration?

Mick.
Mick,

No worries.. I've got a Technotrend S2-3600 USB Card and a USB Infinity Unlimited card reader. I used the downloads and followed the instructions from http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp...&TopicId=21389 to get it up and working under MyTheatre first ( Note that MyTheatre 4.X beta is required for HD ). Then you can follow the instructions in the DVB Enhancer for SageTV download & forum thread to configure it. DVB Enhancer for SageTV can tune either by Foxtel Channel Number or by SID - It probably depends upon what your XMLTV feed..

Although this works pretty well ( the USB Infinity Unlimited is a bit slow ), I'm currently not using it in my Production rig. This is due to the fact that I'm trying to move my SageTV install to Linux and to use a dual DVB-S2 PCI tuner which has native support in the Linux kernel via V4L..

Cheers

Peter
Old 04-15-2010, 11:12 PM

Now that digital tv is here, the use for the haupauge dual analog PVR card is great.
The card has two Video ins that can used .
I use the first one to capture my pay TV and use a USB-UIRT to switch channels. The only drama you will have is, if you have you have the padding set then you will have to fiddle with back to back recordings. and the second as a VCR source when I want to copy a VHS tape.

Cheers
mattie35
Old 04-21-2010, 01:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

peterjb, Is there any reason you went for the Technotrend rather than the FireDTV ?

Thanks