SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:22 PM
Sage Icon

Plugin: Web UI for v7

The Jetty build of Nielm's web interface is available in the v7 Plugin Repository. Look for "SageTV Web Interface". It's essentially a repackaging of the current 2.26 beta but is considered stable. It will have a few minor enhancements to support new v7 features. Auto conversion of favorites is already included and one or two more still need to be done.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Location: Stockton, CA - Most miserable city in the USA, SageTV makes it bearable
I installed the 2.26 via the plugin page, but when I browse to the server, it is still showing as 2.25. I had 2.25 installed under v6. I assumed that 2.26 would overwrite the 2.25.

Thanks!
Client 1, 2, 3, and 4: HD200.
NAS: Synology DS211 4TB (Movie Storage)
Sage Add-ons: Jetty, Neilms Webserver (Jetty), Mobile Web, Play-On Plug-in, Comskip Plug-in
Old 05-21-2010, 10:53 AM
Sage Icon

This question came up over in the mobile web ui thread. Please check over there and join the troubleshooting

Thanks.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.

Old 05-21-2010, 03:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Can we get a config option (here or in the Jetty plugin) to set the deployment directory to someplace other than %TEMP%? I understand about the file-locking issue, but I need to put it elsewhere to keep it from being deleted by automated cleanup tools.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Sage Icon

I looked at Jetty's code a while ago and there are several options for how the war is extracted and located. The only option that avoids file-locking is the one that writes to the system's temp directory. I'll do some more research, but I think it will require me writing a subclass and each web app modifying their context.xml to use my subclass
, Java 1.6.

Old 05-22-2010, 01:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Time for my 10,294th dumb question of the day....

What is the URL to access this, once installed?
Server: AMD Phenom Quad-Core 2.3Ghz, 4GB RAM, ECS A780GM-A MB, 2x HD-PVRs (connected to DirecTV HD STBs using ethernet channel changing), 1x AverMedia A180, OS RAID-1 mirror - 2x250GB 7200rpm SATA, Media RAID-1 mirror - 2x1TB 7200rpm SATA, USB-UIRT (remote control)
Main Client: Sage STX-HD100 Media extender
Second Client: Athlon XP 4000+, 2GB MB PC3200 DDR, Asus A8N5X MB, 512MB PCI-E ATI HD Radeon 3650, 160 GB SATA - hardware mirrored
Old 05-22-2010, 01:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
I looked at Jetty's code a while ago and there are several options for how the war is extracted and located. The only option that avoids file-locking is the one that writes to the system's temp directory. I'll do some more research, but I think it will require me writing a subclass and each web app modifying their context.xml to use my subclass
Just to be clear, I'm not asking for a fix to the file-locking issue. All I want (at the moment) is the option to move my deployment out of the temp directory and accept the file-locking issue as the lesser of two evils. I can do that now by manually editing the context file, but I have to redo the edit every time I upgrade the plugin. What I'd like is a sanctioned way of doing it that doesn't involve manually editing config files, so that the setting sticks across upgrades.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:57 PM
Sage User

Manual Recording = "Set" Filter not working

When using the "Search Recorded TV Files", the filter for Manual Recording = "Set" is not working.

When using the "Search Imported Videos", the selection "check-boxes" are also missing. I need to convert the video format of a large number of imported videos. Without the check-boxes, I have to go into each and every one individually and use the "Convert" button on the bottom-left of each video's "Detailed Information" page.

Last edited by russellnewman; 10-16-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:55 AM
SageTVaholic

I found a very minor bug/annoyance. When editing a favorite, even if "Automatic Conversion" is set to "no" (as it defaults to), the Web UI requires that the "destination folder" be valid. The exact message is:

Code:
Unable to perform action Update on Favorite
id:2604499 -- java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Must specify conversion destination folder
I don't do any conversions, so I don't even know where this destination folder gets populated from, but it turns out the current entry is invalid on my server. So, I need to select "original folder" when editing any favorite. This might cause other problems I'm not aware of, so feel free to enlighten me, but I'd prefer that if the automatic conversion option is set to "no" that this folder either not be validated at all or have the option default to "original folder" instead of "alternate folder".
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 01-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

White screen when category has more than about 20 entries

I've installed tmiranda's Limit Intelligent Recordings plug-in and in a effort to limit what is being recorded I tried to select a category of Sitcom which has 230 (and others) listing and set it to don't like using the web interface. Pressing Set the browser screen goes to all white and does not seem to complete the task.

As long as the catagory has around 20 or less entries it works just fine...

Any suggestions? I have stopped and started the SageTV service.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Any errors in the sage log file after attempting the action?
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 01-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

I did not have logging turned on... But the good news is this morning everything work as it should. The screen does flash white for a second or two then back to the listings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Any errors in the sage log file after attempting the action?
Old 01-04-2012, 01:53 AM
SageTVaholic

v2.33 preview...

Here's a preview of the upcoming v2.33 release, due out by, let's say Sunday(ish):

Quote:
Version 2.33
1. Add support for groovy and GSP processing from plugin resource path
This, I think, is the coolest/most useful addition. I have to write up a wiki doc with details for those who want to take advantage, but basically the web UI now supports processing of groovlets and GSP scripts. This basically allows anyone to easily add new functionality to the web server as separate plugins, if so desired. I've created templates for page headers and footers, which allows for quick and easy consistent page creation. Full examples of how to write such web pages are included in this update (see below).

Quote:
2. SREv4: Web UI updates to support new GSP policies
Nothing exciting here, but I reluctantly had to do this.

Quote:
3. Add media file metadata editor
Directly edit all metadata associated with a media file right from the media file's details page. This is completely written in Groovy and is a complete example of how to add new functionality via groovlets and GSP scripts.

Quote:
4. Add favourite properties editor
Now you can edit the properties of favourites from the web UI. This may not seem like much to most, and it probably isn't to most users, but SJQ users, for example, can now edit some valuable SJQ settings directly from the web.

Quote:
5. Issue 317: tvdb id editor did not handle custom show ids properly
Bug fix for mc2xmlepg users.

Quote:
6. Issue 320: Add SREv4 status icons where appropriate
Status icons show up on the home page, upcoming recordings, and detailed info pages, as appropriate. The familiar icons from the STV and old web UI have returned.

Quote:
7. Add UserRecord editor
This is more for plugin devs who use the UserRecordAPI as their data store. I debated on adding this one for awhile, but I think its benefits outweigh its dangers.

You can crawl through any UserRecord object and modify the name/value pairs of a record. This serves two purposes:
  1. Plugin devs can easily view/modify their UserRecords as needed during development
  2. End users can modify data when necessary to correct issues, reset state, etc.

SREv4 users, for example, now have direct access to the SRE data store and if something were to go wrong with the state of a monitor, it can now be easily corrected via the web. Of course, the flip side is a user can now unknowingly corrupt the UserRecord data store (at the plugin application level, not the wiz.bin level), but I figure more ability is better than no ability so I've gone ahead and included this feature in the released builds of the web UI.

This feature was also completely written in Groovy and added in as a separate Groovy addon.

Quote:
8. Add Plugin Manager
Just finished this one tonight and is probably the the most useful to the most users. You can now install, uninstall, enable, disable, and configure your SageTV plugins from the web UI. Still testing this one, but looks good. There are few limitations at the moment - the biggest one being option type of 'Button' is currently not supported when configuring a plugin from the web. The other being that an upgrade, install or uninstall that requires a restart will not restart the server, but just tell you that a restart is required.

This feature was also added via a standalone series of Groovy scripts.

Each feature written in Groovy could have been packaged as standalone plugins, but I've decided to include them directly in the core web UI plugin since it seems appropriate because I'm maintaining all the code. My wiki doc will discuss how to package up new Groovy pages as separate plugins for those wanting to add new features to the web UI.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:17 AM
Sage Expert

Very cool. Also very uplifting to see development continue for a product that is vital in our household despite the manufacturers clear abondonedment. Thank you very much and keep up the good work!
Old 01-07-2012, 10:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
This, I think, is the coolest/most useful addition. I have to write up a wiki doc with details for those who want to take advantage, but basically the web UI now supports processing of groovlets and GSP scripts. This basically allows anyone to easily add new functionality to the web server as separate plugins, if so desired. I've created templates for page headers and footers, which allows for quick and easy consistent page creation. Full examples of how to write such web pages are included in this update (see below).
Has this been posted yet? I don't see it in this thread? Will you also be adding docs and examples to your SageTV-Addons Google code pages?

I would like to add Fanart images to the recording detail page. Is that possible with Groovlets and GSP scripts?
Old 03-20-2013, 03:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

For some reason the web server randomly stopped working today. I logged in earlier today but after a server reboot it no longer is working. All I get is a 404 error.

HTTP ERROR: 404 Problem accessing /sage/Home. Reason:
Not Found

I have enabled "Debug" logging and attached my log. Can some please help? THANX!
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (337.7 KB, 348 views)
Old 03-20-2013, 03:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Go into \SageTV\jetty\contexts\

Open the file nielm_websrv.context.xml and save it (ensure it gets a new timestamp). That will force the app to reload. Does that fix it? If not then a jar or some other file probably has gone missing on your system.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

That didn't fix it. Do I need to reinstall the web server? If so how do I do that? If not, what do you suggest I try next? THANX!
Old 03-20-2013, 05:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettech_gt View Post
That didn't fix it. Do I need to reinstall the web server? If so how do I do that? If not, what do you suggest I try next? THANX!
Hard to say. Look at the sagetv log file shortly after you updated the file. Any errors? Something's gone missing. A reinstall of the plugin might fix it, but I can't say that for sure.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanx for help. I figured it out. I updated "FlexRAID" which also uses a web server. I was using 8088 but when I installed the new version it got reset to 8080. So once I set it back to 8088 both web servers work again.