SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Plugin: SageAlert v2.x

Welcome to the support thread for SageAlert v2.x. This is the latest version of SageAlert and is compatible only with SageTV v7.

NOTE: SageAlert v2.x is not available yet. I'm just creating this thread for future use and to provide the first screen shot.

SageAlert v2.x is getting close to an initial beta release into the plugin repository, but there's still some polish and a couple of features missing that I'd like to introduce first. Those wanting to know when the first beta is added to the repository should subscribe to this thread.

I've attached a screen shot that shows the new GUI. It should give those interested an idea of where SageAlert v2.x is heading.
Attached Images
File Type: gif sagealert_01.gif (221.8 KB, 1242 views)
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 05-23-2010, 08:12 AM
Sage User

Thank you for the hard work updating this GREAT addon
Old 05-30-2010, 04:08 PM
SageTVaholic

First v2.0 beta ready

The first beta for SageAlert v2.0 is now available in the plugin repository.

Please read carefully before installing...

First, this is in a beta state. Functionally, the alerts and notifications are working. If you configure an alert, it should trigger just fine or log why it didn't. The GUI is definitely rough around the edges. Comments welcome.

Docs are lacking - I'm playing catch up trying to get all my plugins ported to v7. A "docs day" is coming soon, however.

Important: Moving to SageAlert v2.0 will require a full reconfiguration. The db formats are not compatible between v1.x and v2.0. You will have to reconfigure all your settings, notifications systems, SMTP settings, etc. Sorry.

Key Changes:

The whole RPC/remote event firing system is deprecated and has been completely removed. This will be replaced by support for firing events to SageAlert using the Sage v7 event model. This is not implemented yet, more details to come.

Twitter: There are no docs yet, but to register a twitter account, click the link to go to twitter web site, give SageAlert access to your account then feed the pin back to SageAlert. Post questions if you have them. Docs are coming for this. (Basically, Twitter now requires OAuth authentication, and this is how it's implemented.)

Events: The low disk space event is missing; this is on purpose. Another plugin will reintroduce this event to SageAlert at a later date.

Right click items in the tree menu to do things (like add/delete accounts). Left click on events to add listeners to them. Hopefully this new interface is more user friendly/intuitive. Comments welcome.

Play around, give me some feedback.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:02 PM
Sage Icon

I would download this in a heartbeat if it could be configured & used 100% from within SageTV (i.e. without the browser requirement). I know that might be a different roadmap from where you plan to take this, but just thought I'd give some feedback.
SageTV server & client: Win 10 Pro x64, Intel DH67CF, Core i5 2405s, 8 GB ram, Intel HD 3000, 40GB SSD system, 4TB storage, 2x HD PVR component + optical audio, USB-UIRT 2 zones + remote hack, Logitech Harmony One, HDMI output to Sony receiver with native Intel bitstreaming
Old 05-30-2010, 06:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by korben_dallas View Post
I would download this in a heartbeat if it could be configured & used 100% from within SageTV (i.e. without the browser requirement). I know that might be a different roadmap from where you plan to take this, but just thought I'd give some feedback.
Fair enough. A future version may introduce some of the basic settings into the STV, but the configuration of events and listeners and notifications, etc. will never be done in the STV (by me).

Why? I don't like writing STVi imports. Two reasons:

1) I'm not a big fan of Studio and how STVs are implemented. I'm not saying it's bad, it's just not my thing. If the STV was written in Java (like a Swing app or whatever) then I'd be more inclined to do it [maybe].

2) But the big reason I don't write STVi imports is because I will only ever be using 1 STV and if you support one, you inevitably get asked to support them all and I just don't have the time to do it. The nice thing about web apps is one interface to support, period. Obviously, right now there's only one STV, but Ortus and Phoenix will change that soon enough and I have no interest to write STVi imports for STV(s) that I'll never use.

I challenge other SageAlert users to write an STVi that brings the full configuration options into the Sage STV, but I'll never do it.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Major packaging snafu with the first upload. Web GUI is useless with that build (841). A new build will appear in the repository shortly.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
I challenge other SageAlert users to write an STVi that brings the full configuration options into the Sage STV, but I'll never do it.
Why does it have to be done as an STVI? The SageTVPlugin configuration methods should be adequate (although with this many settings it may be somewhat unwieldy). That would answer both of your objections: you could do it all in Java, without ever opening Studio, and it would be STV-independent.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The GUI is definitely rough around the edges. Comments welcome.
OK, here are some quick first impressions, in no particular order:

* The SMTP password displays in cleartext.

* I can create email accounts, but I can't figure out how to get back to them for later editing or verification. Left-clicking on Email doesn't seem to do anything, and right-clicking just gives me the Create option again. (There's a Delete option too, but it's disabled.)

* Revise that: After manually refreshing the page I can now click open the Email node of the tree and see the accounts I created. However I still can't do anything with them. Left-clicking does nothing, and right-clicking shows me a menu with both Create and Delete disabled.

* There was a whole Settings page in the old UI that seems to have no equivalent in the new UI.

* The Clients page seems to show only Placeshifter/extender clients. The old version showed SageTVClients and the server's own pseudoclient as well.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
* The Clients page seems to show only Placeshifter/extender clients. The old version showed SageTVClients and the server's own pseudoclient as well.
My PC client and 127.0.0.1 (server) both show up on my clients page but I don't have any placeshifters or extenders in my set up / network either.
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2
Old 05-31-2010, 08:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcilicious View Post
My PC client and 127.0.0.1 (server) both show up on my clients page but I don't have any placeshifters or extenders in my set up / network either.
Yes, I figured out that I have to restart my clients in order to fire the ClientConnected event that SageAlert now uses to track this.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
OK, here are some quick first impressions, in no particular order:

* The SMTP password displays in cleartext.
Fixed for next build.

Quote:
* I can create email accounts, but I can't figure out how to get back to them for later editing or verification. Left-clicking on Email doesn't seem to do anything, and right-clicking just gives me the Create option again. (There's a Delete option too, but it's disabled.)

* Revise that: After manually refreshing the page I can now click open the Email node of the tree and see the accounts I created. However I still can't do anything with them. Left-clicking does nothing, and right-clicking shows me a menu with both Create and Delete disabled.
Accounts are suppose to be added to the tree when created. It was working, now it's not. That'll be fixed for the next build.

The ability to delete is there, but the option is inadvertently disabled. That, too, will be fixed for the next build.

Quote:
* There was a whole Settings page in the old UI that seems to have no equivalent in the new UI.
All of those settings had to do with how frequently the polling threads polled the Sage API looking to fire the pseudo events I was generating in Sage v6 for everything. Now, SageAlert simply listens for the actual API events and reacts to them so all of those settings are obsolete. The exception were the settings for the date/time format used in messages. So far I haven't had a need to bring those back, so I haven't.

Quote:
Clients/extenders/placeshifters are added to the list on the ClientConnected event. You may need to restart a client to get it to register in that list. Does the pseudo client fire the ClientConnected event? If so, does it fire before SageAlert registers for the event? (This is possible because of the asynchronous manner in which jetty apps are deployed - I'm looking to handle this scenario in a future build.) Disconnecting and reconnecting PC clients or the pseudo client should register it in the Clients list in SageAlert (full app refresh currently needed to refresh the clients list - that, too, will be addressed ). I have had my clients and extenders and placeshifters all register successfully (just tested it again).
Old 05-31-2010, 08:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Accounts are suppose to be added to the tree when created. It was working, now it's not. That'll be fixed for the next build.

The ability to delete is there, but the option is inadvertently disabled. That, too, will be fixed for the next build.
But is there a way to change the account settings (e.g. message type) without deleting and re-creating it?

Quote:
Clients/extenders/placeshifters are added to the list on the ClientConnected event. You may need to restart a client to get it to register in that list.
Yeah, figured that out. Next question: is there a way to delete a client from that list? (I started one of my clients using the wrong NIC/MAC addr.)
Old 05-29-2012, 06:47 AM
Sage Expert

Would it be possible to add tuner or recording failure to events you can be notified about?
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Don't those types of failures generate system messages? Just configure SageAlert to notify you of system messages and then you can get those types of events. There is no core event for these things so the best you're going to be able to do from SageAlert is attach to system message events and receive those via email, etc.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:51 AM
Sage Expert

OK Thanks. I didn't know I could have system events notify me.
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Slugger, I'm jumping to this thread as you suggested.

So I set up SageAlert the best I could figure out. Using the web portal, I added a couple of email addresses and a CSV file under Servers. I then set up a few events (like Delete (User), Favorite Added, Modified, and Removed) and set up a few Client Events (like Pauses TV) to email to those addresses. I've performed many of those actions numerous times but haven't received any email notifications. I've attached the sagealert.log file (with a .txt extension added to allow upload) if that helps.

Please let me know what you see that I might be missing or what else I can try.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagealert.log.txt (623.5 KB, 57 views)
Old 03-08-2013, 10:08 AM
SageTVaholic

It appears SA isn't licensed. As I mentioned in the other thread, email notifications are only available in the licensed version of the plugin.

Code:
2013-03-07 21:05:05,544 INFO  [ab]: Returning eventId: PAUSES_TV_127.0.0.1
2013-03-07 21:05:05,881 WARN  [m]: Email notification ignored; your copy of SageAlert is not licensed! [The registered email ['user@masked'] does not match the email in the license file!]
2013-03-07 21:05:05,882 WARN  [af]: Only notifying one listener for event 'TV playback paused' because this copy of SageAlert is not licensed! [The registered email ['user@masked'] does not match the email in the license file!]
And only one target per event is performed in the non-licensed version so if you also had csv file as a target along with email, it probably wouldn't have worked. If you just want to see events being handled in the non-licensed version then remove the email notifications from your events and just have the csv file as the only target (you don't need to delete the email address "server", just uncheck the target).