SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2007, 08:17 AM
Sage Icon

Recommended NAS?

I have two QAM tuners and once my cable company gets their act together, I will have an R5000 recorder. I only have a little 250GB drive for my normal recordings right now and that seems to work well, but there have been times where I've nearly ran out of space just with SD recordings. Knowing that HD recordings are much bigger, I think it's time that I get some dedicated space for Sage recordings.

I'm looking for a NAS appliance and I know people in the Sage community have them. Any recommendations or warnings on products to look at and ones to stay away from are welcome and appreciated. I'll want at least 1TB of usable storage and the ability for RAID0+1 or RAID5.

Any suggestions?