SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2009, 12:21 PM
Sage User

So long XBOX 360, hello SageTV + HD200

Well, after countless hours of turning Google inside out and reading virtually every XBox and Microsoft forum in every English-speaking country in the world, I have determined that there is no simple way to create a network-based DVD library (with full menus) using the XBox 360 as a Media Center Extender and Windows Vista as the Media Center server. At best, one can play the main video file (after renaming the .VOB file to .MPG), but if the movie was encoded in DTS, forget it. A friend of mine has been raving about SageTV for months, and I know that for what I want to do the HD200 and SageTV server are incredibly overpowered, but I figured I would take the plunge, accomplish my primary goal and then explore and add new functionality as I go along. I'm looking forward to having instant access to my entire DVD library, regardless of encoding scheme, at my fingertips - without splitting the atom!

I do have a couple of quick questions:

1. For you HD200 owners out there - is anyone able to control the HD200 with the Logitech series of universal remotes?

2. Is it possible to bind the SageTV service to multiple network cards in a server? The machine I intend on using for my SageTV server (Windows Vista SP1) is connected to two subnets.

I'm looking forward to receiving my system next week. Too bad I can't play networked DVDs on my Mac though :-( I read in some other threads that it's not working currently.