SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Sage User

Audio and Video Playback is faster than normal

I recently changed my sage server from analog capture cards to a hdpvr. I have 2 clients and a hd media extender (hd200). I will be getting a second hd200 shortly.

My main problem (now..) is that there seems to be a whole set of channels (I am in Burlington, Canada and it is all the Cogeco channels 2-76 or 902 - 976). The audio playback on them is super fast (They all sound like the Chipmunks). I have fiddled with all the decoders, etc and can't seem to resolve the issue. All other channels are fine for recording and playback, so it seems to be these specific channels..? When I preview these channels on the video source setup, I can see that they are all listed as h.264, 480i.

Sure would appreciate some help on this.

Thanks.

I recently posted about having fast audio, but as I examine it closely, both the video and audio seem to playing back faster than 1x speed.

I recently changed my sage server from analog capture cards to a hdpvr. I have 2 clients and a hd media extender (hd200). I will be getting a second hd200 shortly.

My main problem (now..) is that there seems to be a whole set of channels (I am in Burlington, Canada and it is all the Cogeco channels 2-76 or 902 - 976). The playback on them is super fast (They all sound like the Chipmunks). I have fiddled with all the decoders, etc and can't seem to resolve the issue. All other channels are fine for recording and playback, so it seems to be these specific channels..? When I preview these channels on the video source setup, I can see that they are all listed as h.264, 480i.

Sure would appreciate some help on this.

Thanks.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:00 PM
Sage User

Certain channels don't record properly with hd pvr

I think I have an idea, but need help. I think that the channels that aren't being recorded (or played back properly) are the channels that are analog. Another buddy of mine (sage user) said that he thinks that since the hdpvr only records h.264 and since the channels aren't actually h.264 output, this is causing the problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:55 PM
Sage User

Audio and Video Playback faster than Normal

I am seeing the same issue on my system when recording from a Comcast analog set top box on some channels too. OTA channels record/playback just fine. My first idea was that this is probably caused by ComSkip but I confirmed that is not the case. I played the file on Microsoft Mediaplayer and I got the same fast speed/no audio.

I have a simple set up: P4 + Hauppauge 1600 HVR using Sage MC with Dirmon and Comskip. Sorry no real help from me, just the same frustration.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Sage User

Video/Audio playback is faster than normal

Not sure if this will fix the problem but it sure sounds like the issue we have seen. See post #39.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...090#post161090

I don't have any experience with changing registry settings so if you try this and it works for you please let me know.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:52 AM
Sage User

I got it working by playing around with the audios decoders. I ended up using the divx codecs and things seem fine.

Tags
audio, fast, fast playback, h.264, playback