SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 06-07-2011, 02:11 AM
Sage User

Thumbs down No channel lineups listed on Linux v7.1.7

I am exploring the linux world of SageTV and have it running successfully for my media collection, even view recorded TV from my windows SageTV (shared NAS), however when I add any network encoder I have no list of available channel lineups for my postal code (I am in Canada). My Win SageTV gives me a list of channel lineups for my local provider (SHAW cable) for the same network encoder without issue. Searching the forum I see nothing about this issue which leads me to believe I am just missing something different about the Linux configuration.

I can select the network encoder, see video, change channels, tell it to use the network encoder for tuning channels, input my postal code, and then no list of channel lineups?

I have confirmed my linux box has connectivity out to the internet and can even placeshift into it remotely.

Any help greatly appreciated!!!
Old 06-07-2011, 04:13 AM
Administrator

What do you see after entering your postal code?

Have you checked the firewall ports? See this FAQ:
What ports do I need to open in my firewall for SageTV?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Sage User

As per your post I have disabled ufw (service ufw stop) and also added ports listed to my gateway/firewall, just in case, restarted the sagetv service (service sagetv restart), tested configuring again, with no success.

What I get after either entering or selecting "use area code xxxx" is a blank list on a sage SETUP WIZARD screen with:

Please select your cable or satellite provider (press a key to jump to lineups starting with that letter):

FYI - This is an ubuntu server 11.04.2 32-bit with sage 7.1.7.1 installed from .deb package.

Thanks!

Last edited by neurocis; 06-07-2011 at 04:57 PM.

Tags
channel lineup, linux