SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:16 PM
Sage Icon

SageTV + Comskip 81.028 working?

Can anyone verify if the latest donator version of comskip, v81.028, is working properly with SageTV recordings? I've been playing with it and it seems like Comskip is finding commercials okay, but the commercial cutting timeline appears shifted with respect to the show itself.

I've made the .ini tweaks relative to SageTV for some bug that apparently exists in Sage recordings that I wasn't aware of, so I don't think that could be it.

Any other ideas or tweaks? It sounds like there has been some serious improvements in Comskip over the last few months, so I was really hoping to get it working.

Thanks.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:01 PM
SageTVaholic

My guess is you are using a capture device that has a along initialization time, so the 'timeline' numbers in sage are being scaled to make it 'appear' to be a full hour (or half, whatever). This will throw off comskip playback. There is an option in the comskip playback options that will disable this scaling (Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Control Options -> Timeline Scaling). This should clean up the cut points.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 02-10-2012, 08:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Can you point me in the right direction to find those " .ini tweaks relative to SageTV" (yes, I did a search here) I use a combination of SA and Comskip. Comskip does a better job, but it is much slower on .ts files. I am a donator so I might try and move up to the latest version and give it a try on all channels.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:09 AM
SageTVaholic

I've always just used the comskip.ini file that comes with the CommercialDetector plugin. It's got the changes in it. It's just things like the output settings, and the logging levels i believe.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 02-10-2012, 10:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ahh, great. I'll go grab that and copy it in then. Thanks Fuzzy, you are a Sage of SageTV.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:43 PM
Sage Icon

If you grab the latest version of comskip, it is apparently working much faster on the h264 files. If you do get that latest version, please post back if you would on whether or not it's working properly with SageTV recordings specifically.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
If you grab the latest version of comskip, it is apparently working much faster on the h264 files. If you do get that latest version, please post back if you would on whether or not it's working properly with SageTV recordings specifically.
Yes, let us know. If it's good I'll update Commercial Detector to use it.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Easy enough because I have a few channels that SA gets stuck on, so I have those coded to use comskip and default is SA. I'll update comskip and tell commercial detector to not use SA as default. I'll report back my findings.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

The latest version of comskip has this in the readme:

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the current comskip version can not process files while recording. If used that way comskip will end premature and not find commercials.
Make sure comskip is started when the recording is completely finished. For .wtv recordings wait 10 minutes after last writing of the recording.

It did work properly until I disabled live tv detection.

Client 1: HD300; Panasonic TC-P65S64;
Client 2: HD300; Samsung 46" LCD;
Client 3: HD300; 60" LCD;
Old 02-13-2012, 05:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Wow, sombody read the readme file. I didn't and got pretty bad results. I ended up going back to ShowAnalyzer for the majority of my channels. It now sounds like I need to make sure that I swap out Comskip to the version I was using since it was capable of scanning currently recording shows.
I don't watch a lot of TV, but my watching pattern has me watching a lot of shows shortly after they have started recording. I am an old ReplayTV user and habits are hard to break.