SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-23-2012, 08:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
thanks...I'll give this a whirl too

I have both Jetty Web Server and SageTV Web Interface installed. I can get past the name/password page succesfully, but the web server is "service unavailable" any thoughts on what I may have done wrong? Installation or port problem maybe?
Sage 7 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 2 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - Seagate/Hitachi Deskstar - HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200 networked. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson

Last edited by tvmaster2; 06-24-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
Looks like it also saves favorites so you won't loose those. Here is what I exported from one of my servers as an example XML file.
it took me a while to get this running, but it finally is. I can see where to "import" an xml file, but not where to "export" the list of recordings. Can you direct me to the corrent drop down menu? Is it as simple as just clicking the XML button beside "Sage Recordings" on the main screen?
Sage 7 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 2 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - Seagate/Hitachi Deskstar - HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200 networked. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson

Last edited by tvmaster2; 06-24-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Looks like it also saves favorites so you won't loose those. Here is what I exported from one of my servers as an example XML file.

and....did it export / import the channel that the program was recorded from? In my test so far, that info didn't get carried over

Last edited by tvmaster2; 06-24-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
it took me a while to get this running, but it finally is. I can see where to "import" an xml file, but not where to "export" the list of recordings. Can you direct me to the corrent drop down menu? Is it as simple as just clicking the XML button beside "Sage Recordings" on the main screen?
The XML file in the zip file I uploaded on previous page was done after changing the Web Server to display the existing recordings then clicking on the XML icon at the top of the page next to the title.

Quote:
and....did it export / import the channel that the program was recorded from? In my test so far, that info didn't get carried over
The highlighted channel ID in this graphic is what tells SageTV what channel it was on. If those don't match between installs I could see a problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XMLWithChannelID.jpg (157.9 KB, 82 views)

Last edited by Opus4; 06-25-2012 at 07:57 AM. Reason: attached image too wide to post inline; removed inline display
Old 06-25-2012, 08:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The XML file in the zip file I uploaded on previous page was done after changing the Web Server to display the existing recordings then clicking on the XML icon at the top of the page next to the title.

The highlighted channel ID in this graphic is what tells SageTV what channel it was on. If those don't match between installs I could see a problem.
great...that's what I suspected. two two-hundred channel lineups....it's likely a few got missed. back to work
Old 07-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
update (if anyone can help decipher what it means):

used SageTV log file to study slow boot up...

3 1/2 minutes are used by "Splash: Profilier is initializing"

(I have no idea what this means.)

2 1/2 minutes are used by essentially "reimporting metadata for mediafile because it changed."

regarding the second 2 1/2 minutes, shouldn't that only get done once, and then it's remembered?
Change the limited_carny_init property to true in your Sage.properties file:

limited_carny_init=true

That will speed up the startup time for your old wiz.bin. This post explains it: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...8&postcount=40

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 3.2GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u201, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters