SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 02-16-2018, 06:38 PM
SageTVaholic

sagex documentation error

A minor typo that most folks would realize but when you go to the sagex landing web page there is a typo where a & is displayed instead of a ? between api and command:

Url Format: /sagex/api&command=SAGE_COMMAND&1=arg1&2=...

This should read:
Url Format: /sagex/api?command=SAGE_COMMAND&1=arg1&2=...
Old 02-17-2018, 04:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Good catch And it's done, and when I push out a new update, that documentation will be fixed as well.

I'm actually working on some sagex updates that I hope to be pushed out in a week or so.

I've added a Swagger / OpenAPI viewer for the API, which is just a better way of presenting the APIs. I've also enabled a CORS mode for the API.

There are also some related projects like a javascript wrapper for the APIs to make it easier to build web apps using the sagex apis. And I'm using this API in a possible BMT replacement that I'm in the process of prototyping.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
There are also some related projects like a javascript wrapper for the APIs to make it easier to build web apps using the sagex apis. And I'm using this API in a possible BMT replacement that I'm in the process of prototyping.
That will be useful. It would also be useful to have a continuation of the functionality of SJQ where you can trigger actions based off of SageTV events like RecordingStarted, RecordingStopped, etc.

In one of his last revisions, Slugger added some functionality to the web server to allow you to build web pages in Groovy and servlet gsp pages. I have been playing around with that recently to create a web page to allow management of all clients that have ever been connected to the server, or at least the ones that are documented in the Sage.properties file.

Related to that - is there a way in the API to close/kill a miniclient - specifically a PlaceShifter miniclient? Or is this something that has to be done on the client side?

If you send a Power command to the UIContext it appears to put the miniclient in Standby mode and the screen saver kicks in. But I would like to terminate the SageTV PS application entirely.