SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:43 AM

Exclamation Had everthing working...now it does't!!

I'm getting frustrated, because I thought I had everything working and now it's back to square one. I have searched through forums and can't seem to find my answer. So sorry if I'm re-posting something!

I am running Windows 7 ( 64 Bit ), SageTV 6, Using a Hauppauge WinTV 885 Dual Tuner Capture Card, and I have Cable TV/Internet.

To start I installed SageTV and hooked up the incoming Cable directly into my Capture Card. Adding the Video Source allowed me to see live TV. So I continued and setup timers and such. Live TV worked fine, and recordings worked great.

Now.... All I get is snow?! As if the Cable isn't plugged in. So I thought maybe it was a fluke that it worked the way I had it ran at first. So I routed the Cable through a Cable TV Box. Through some figuring and setup I have Live TV again, but with out a third-party remote I am unable to tune thru the Cable Box. Which is inconvenient for recordings.

So, is there a way to get it to work again, like I had it the first time. Just plugged straight into the Cable and by-passing the Cable Box? Some sort of encoder, setting, or something? Thanks for any and all advice or suggestions!!
Old 08-27-2011, 02:57 PM
Sage Icon

If I were u I would take narflex up on his offer to upgrade to
V7. For free. There are MANY upgrades in v7 and u may find that the issues u r seeing in v6. Are no longer present in v7.

Just search the forum and u will find the upgrade post from narflex or opus. I can't remember which.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:52 AM
Sage Icon

More information is needed. Are you using clearQAM? Do you know if the cable TV company removed clearQAM? Try using the Hauppauge supplied application which is independent of SageTV to see if that still works. Try hooking up an antenna to determine if over the air digital TV works. Try recovering to an image taken when the system was working perfectly. If you don't have an image, you need to create one when you get the system working. It's way to risky to use SageTV without an image, especially after the Google takeover.

Dave
SageTV: LIAN LI PC-K58, Gigabyte GA-EX580UD5, i-7 950 3.06 gig quad LGA 1366 CPU, Zalman CNPS9700 CPU cooler 1366 bracket, Memory 24 gigs GB, PNY NVIDIA GeoForce 9800 GT 1024 MB, Corsair 750w PSU, Samsung 500GB SSD boot, 3 SSD recording drives
Capture cards: 2 - HDHR Primes - Comcast Xfinity CableTV
Extenders: 1-HD-300, 2-HD-200
Software: Windows 7 Pro X64, Ghost 15, VideoReDo TVSuite 4 h.264, Playon (Netflix), OpenDCT
UnRAID File Server 4.7 Pro: Lian-Li PC-G70B, MBD-X8SIL-F-O, i3-540, 16 TB