SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2005, 09:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to steingra
Implications of enabling SageTV Server option?

I feel my SageTV machine is running good enough to take another step. I installed the SageTV client on another machine (of course it needs the main SageTV machine to have the Server option enabled -see screenshot) which I have not done yet.

I am wondering before I enable this setting, if there are any whammy's, gotchas, tips, things to look out for when I put my SageTV software into *server* mode. And its starts listening to, and responding to SaveTV clients.

I am wondering what effect it has on the SageTV server...how does it effect CPU usage for instance when a SageTV client is connected?

Hopefully, I can just enable the setting and get on with my experimenting with the SageTV client on a separate machine.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sagetvserversetup.JPG (24.5 KB, 163 views)

Last edited by steingra; 10-28-2005 at 09:09 AM.