SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2008, 07:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Multiple versions of a channes and Sage

I have two tuners set up in Sage currently - a PVR 150 connected to an HD cable box and an OTA card. (I will be adding an HD-PVR shortly but that should be irrelevant to this discussion)

My cable provider maps some channels to multiple channel numbers. For example CBC-HD shows up under the 128 (where regular networks are located) and it shows up under the 500s (where HD channels are) at 513. This same channel is available OTA at channel 5-1. I had to manually map the OTA channel to use the program guide from this channel (CBLT-DT) as it did not pick up the Canadian OTA channels by default. When I go into the Tuner setup I see all three of versions of this one channel.

But when I go to the Program Guide in Sage this channel only shows up once, under 5-1. Therefore I cannot select the channel to watch live from the cable tuner, only from the OTA tuner.

Is this the way things are supposed to work? Does Sage not let you have the same channel show up in multiple channel numbers?

Can someone please explain to me how Sage handles multiple channels? How can I get the channel to show up multiple times and still have guide data?