SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

No audio on sage client and 6.4.8 crashes

I recently upgraded to 6.4.8 on my server and client and have noticed that the server sagetv interface crashes fairly often..usually when I push too many buttons at once it gets confused and stalls...requiring a shutdown of the application and restart. Don't know if it is a problem with the new install (with sagemc) or just that my server knows that the HD-100 is going to be delivered on monday and hence it's just rolling over and giving up as a sagetv frontend

Another question: my client now no longer has any audio from recorded shows, music, videos...the video plays without a hitch but no audio. I have checked several decoders in the audio section, (Default, nvidia, ac3 filter) and still no sound. I can play itunes, WMA and system sounds, it's only sage that doesn't have any.....
any thoughts??? thanks.

also, i am having some difficulty in getting sagemc out of fullscreen mode..i created sagecommand for fullscreen and even when i press it, it blinks, goes black for a second and returns to fullscreen.
sometimes when i initiate the fullscreen mode, sagetv quits..happens on both server and client...is it something to do with Full screen exclusive mode?

Last edited by Ericft; 08-22-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:42 PM
Administrator

You mention using SageMC... There's a whole forum subsection for users of that interface. Please post there with any questions about it use.

When troubleshooting, you should revert to a completely default setup -- no customizations active at all, including the hidden extras. If the problem persists, then either post here or contact SageTV support. If the problem only happens when a customization is in use, post in the appropriate customization topic. That's the only way people will be able to narrow down what the issue is & offer suggestions.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Andy-
I just reinstalled 6.4.8 client, deleting the sagetv directory at the same time before reinstall. everything default..still no audio...i just deleted klite codec pack as well...no help

funny thing is that it was all working this afternoon, pandora, sagemc and everything...this is what is so frustrating about sage...from one second to the next everything can go haywire!!!

figured it out..didn't have the audio output set to speakers...was using default thinking that sage would use the default speakers...thanks.

Last edited by Ericft; 08-22-2008 at 08:12 PM.