SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-08-2011, 03:17 PM
wayner wayner is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 7,373
Propogating Diamond settings to many clients

I am currently using Diamond on my server, setting up custom menus, Diamond Fanart options, etc. Will I have to do all of the same customation on each of my 5 extenders or will Sage automatically propogating my server settings to all extenders/PS clients? If not, is there an easy way of propogating one configuration to all extenders?
__________________
New Server - Sage9 on unRAID 2xHD-PVR, HDHR for OTA
Old Server - Sage7 on Win7Pro-i660CPU with 4.6TB, HD-PVR, HDHR OTA, HVR-1850 OTA
Clients - 2xHD-300, 8xHD-200 Extenders, Client+2xPlaceshifter and a WHS which acts as a backup Sage server
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-08-2011, 10:33 PM
CollinR CollinR is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 1,305
The easiest way is to setup one extended and then copy that to the other macaddress.properties in the /clients directory. I beleive there is also a RemoteClients.properties.defaults as well. The second will make all newly added extenders automagically inhert all those settings.

EDIT: fixed filename
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-09-2011, 08:01 AM
wayner wayner is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 7,373
So do I set everything up the way I want to and then copy the macaddress.properties file to RemoteClients.properties.defaults?

If the other extenders have already been used do you have to delete their macaddress.properties files to get Sage to use the RemoteClients.properties.defaults?
__________________
New Server - Sage9 on unRAID 2xHD-PVR, HDHR for OTA
Old Server - Sage7 on Win7Pro-i660CPU with 4.6TB, HD-PVR, HDHR OTA, HVR-1850 OTA
Clients - 2xHD-300, 8xHD-200 Extenders, Client+2xPlaceshifter and a WHS which acts as a backup Sage server
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-26-2011, 09:55 AM
wayner wayner is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 7,373
I just need some further advice on doing this as I have my server, five HD-200s and one HD-300 plus a couple of PCs that occasionally run PS. I don't want to have to go through and make custom menus and do all of the Diamond Options for Fanart, etc. on each one of those clients - particularly since I am bound to not do things 100% the same on all clients which leads to a drop in WAF.

So what is the best way to customize menus, filters, folder options, etc and then propagate those changes out to multiple clients. Can I set up one client and then copy that client's .properties file to the RemoteClients.properties.defaults file?

If I do this on the server can I use .properties file for the server for my extenders? Or will the server's .properties file not work for extenders due to all sorts of extra stuff in the file? Can I use a .properties file generated by an HD-200 for and HD-300? What about for PS?

Or should I just do all of this config on my server and copy a bunch of lines out of my server's sage.properties file and paste into my extenders' and PS' .properties files?

And what about if I make some changes at a later date - do I have to do this all over again?

How about a suggestion where you can define one client (or the server) as the master and have all other clients (optionally) inherit its properties - is that doable?
__________________
New Server - Sage9 on unRAID 2xHD-PVR, HDHR for OTA
Old Server - Sage7 on Win7Pro-i660CPU with 4.6TB, HD-PVR, HDHR OTA, HVR-1850 OTA
Clients - 2xHD-300, 8xHD-200 Extenders, Client+2xPlaceshifter and a WHS which acts as a backup Sage server
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-26-2011, 10:14 AM
Comitizer Comitizer is offline
Sage Advanced User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 174
That would be pretty awesome but I'm wondering if that's move of a "SageTV" feature and less of a "Diamond" feature.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-26-2011, 10:14 AM
PLUCKYHD PLUCKYHD is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I just need some further advice on doing this as I have my server, five HD-200s and one HD-300 plus a couple of PCs that occasionally run PS. I don't want to have to go through and make custom menus and do all of the Diamond Options for Fanart, etc. on each one of those clients - particularly since I am bound to not do things 100% the same on all clients which leads to a drop in WAF.

So what is the best way to customize menus, filters, folder options, etc and then propagate those changes out to multiple clients. Can I set up one client and then copy that client's .properties file to the RemoteClients.properties.defaults file?

If I do this on the server can I use .properties file for the server for my extenders? Or will the server's .properties file not work for extenders due to all sorts of extra stuff in the file? Can I use a .properties file generated by an HD-200 for and HD-300? What about for PS?

Or should I just do all of this config on my server and copy a bunch of lines out of my server's sage.properties file and paste into my extenders' and PS' .properties files?

And what about if I make some changes at a later date - do I have to do this all over again?

How about a suggestion where you can define one client (or the server) as the master and have all other clients (optionally) inherit its properties - is that doable?
It is actually in the works as a UI option for diamond to do this automatically if you want. IE you will be able to use server properties through out or individual client properties. Also we will add the ability to copy one client settings to another computer or clone them permanantly. This is still a ways off and isn't fully tested yet but should work.

for now just set up how you want on the server and then copy the diamond properties to the individual client properties that you want. (make sure the clients are off when doing this if extenders or sagetv is shutdown if client pcs)

cheers
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-26-2011, 10:36 AM
wayner wayner is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 7,373
Thanks Plucky - to be safe I will ensure that I do all of this with the Sage service shutdown.
__________________
New Server - Sage9 on unRAID 2xHD-PVR, HDHR for OTA
Old Server - Sage7 on Win7Pro-i660CPU with 4.6TB, HD-PVR, HDHR OTA, HVR-1850 OTA
Clients - 2xHD-300, 8xHD-200 Extenders, Client+2xPlaceshifter and a WHS which acts as a backup Sage server
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-06-2011, 07:17 PM
wayner wayner is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 7,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
for now just set up how you want on the server and then copy the diamond properties to the individual client properties that you want. (make sure the clients are off when doing this if extenders or sagetv is shutdown if client pcs)
Just to verify - the diamond properties are all prefixed by JOrton/ correct? Can I just copy all lines in my server that start with JOrton into my extender properties files and delete all of the previous JOrton lines?
__________________
New Server - Sage9 on unRAID 2xHD-PVR, HDHR for OTA
Old Server - Sage7 on Win7Pro-i660CPU with 4.6TB, HD-PVR, HDHR OTA, HVR-1850 OTA
Clients - 2xHD-300, 8xHD-200 Extenders, Client+2xPlaceshifter and a WHS which acts as a backup Sage server
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-06-2011, 07:19 PM
PLUCKYHD PLUCKYHD is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Just to verify - the diamond properties are all prefixed by JOrton/ correct? Can I just copy all lines in my server that start with JOrton into my extender properties files and delete all of the previous JOrton lines?
Correct. Sorry it didn't make it into this build but should be i4.0
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-24-2011, 09:20 PM
wayner wayner is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 7,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
It is actually in the works as a UI option for diamond to do this automatically if you want. IE you will be able to use server properties through out or individual client properties. Also we will add the ability to copy one client settings to another computer or clone them permanantly. This is still a ways off and isn't fully tested yet but should work.
Any update on this? I find that when I set up new clients even if I copy over the entire .properties file for the client that I still have to set some things up. It would be great to be able to clone all of the settings from another client/extender.
__________________
New Server - Sage9 on unRAID 2xHD-PVR, HDHR for OTA
Old Server - Sage7 on Win7Pro-i660CPU with 4.6TB, HD-PVR, HDHR OTA, HVR-1850 OTA
Clients - 2xHD-300, 8xHD-200 Extenders, Client+2xPlaceshifter and a WHS which acts as a backup Sage server
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Diamond Sub-theme: "Diamond MKANET Mod" (Version 1.1) mkanet Diamond 14 04-13-2011 08:34 AM
Can you do this in Diamond wayner Diamond 8 04-06-2011 06:51 PM
For Team Diamond: Seeking Permission to use Diamond Screenshots DigiTechRx Diamond 0 03-11-2011 05:21 PM
FAQ for Diamond jusjoken Diamond 0 03-05-2011 06:56 AM
Diamond Sub-theme: Diamond MKANET Mod mkanet SageTV v7 Customizations 2 02-21-2011 05:18 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.