SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2006, 12:07 PM
Sage User

ASF and WMV files will not playback over network

Howdy all,

I posted in another topic (see "Problem with importing ASF files") about my issues with ASF files. I have been able to solve that problem. But now I am having a somewhat larger issue. Although the files will import just fine now, the video files will not play through the clients.

We have our one server. If you try to play the files on that server, they run fine. But if you try and play it through a client, you get this error:

sage.playbackexception: ERROR (-4,0x80040218) (I cannot type out the rest as I'm having to do it from memory)

I'm assuming it's got something to do with my video encoders. The video will play fine if you play it as a local file, but they will not play over the network.

I'm also noticing in my System Information this line:

media player asf plugin class: none

Could that have anything to do with it?

Any help is appreciated.