SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-27-2006, 06:52 AM
Sage Fanatic

Wireless Video Broadcast

I would like to broadcast the same video signal from one computer to two TVs over a wireless connection. I am looking at something like this:

http://grandtec.com/ultimatewireless.htm

Does anyone have any experience with these sorts of things or suggestions of similar hardware?
Old 04-27-2006, 10:33 AM
Sage User

It should work fine. Do you plan to have a remote to change the channel or navigate the UI? I have tried a device like this from leap frog which uses the same technology and it did not work to well. The picture was distorted on all 4 channels which may have been caused by interferance. If you can find one or two MVP's and use wireless bridges or pocket routers is a possibility. Better yet, buy a used xbox for about $80.00. A pocket router for about $50.00. Softmod the xbox and install XBMC(Xbox Media Center) and configure it to use your PC's available shares/media. There is also an XBMC script in the works somewhere in this forum which is designed for use with SageTV. You won't need a remote for the xbox either unless you want one. Other benefits of the xbox are the games, dvd player, online streaming media and web browsing, compatibility with many platforms such as Linux, Windows, and Mac. Of course you will need a wireless router ($50.00) if you don't already have one. 802.11g will work just fine for bandwidth. The newer 802.11n will work even better. Lastly, if you want to keep it cheap and just want the basic same video source to be broadcast to any regular TV use this. http://cgi.ebay.com/Wireless-UHF-Aud...QQcmdZViewItem
A UHF video sender. It works flawlessly! I don't sell these. I just had bought one and I can't find any where else to buy one.

Last edited by HairBear; 04-27-2006 at 10:54 AM.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

I had a lot of problem with crosstalk between a similar 2.4 GHz sender/receiver and my wireless network and gave up. The URF sender/receiver sounds like a better choice. I could knock my computers off the air and always had interference on the TV from the network.
Old 04-29-2006, 05:09 PM
Sage Icon

did you try planning the channels, such as put your WiFi on channel 11 of WiFi and your TV wireless on the lowest freq. channel? Most of those have four 2.4GHz channels to choose from. Those channels are often numbered 1-4 or A-D.