SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 09-10-2010, 07:13 PM
PLUCKYHD PLUCKYHD is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I've been running CM in tray icon mode. Do you know if its possible to initiate an "Update All Content" from command line? I have a pretty good directory monitoring tool which I could use forcibly automate this process until I can figure out how to make CM to work correctly.

What puzzles me is there arent a whole lot of user configurable options to cause CM to do weird things like this.. All I did was select folder to be monitored, select strict (or loose) in tray icon mode.
I know you are you are running tray icon mode but did you check that option and uncheck the collection manager option?

There is no need to automate it through a command line and make it complicated it should just work. If not get logs to the mymovies guys. I have ran it for more than 3 years without issues.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-10-2010, 07:44 PM
mkanet's Avatar
mkanet mkanet is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,359
Okay, now you have me curious. I really hope I didnt overlook something really basic. I can't seem to find the setting to "uncheck" the collection manager option. I just have a drop down to toggle between tray icon, CM, or Windows Media Center. Speaking of drop down, I always wanted to know why at the top, I have a drop down menu item for "Media Center PC", but that's the only option I have to choose. I was guessing there might me a drop down menu option called SageTV as well.




Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
I know you are you are running tray icon mode but did you check that option and uncheck the collection manager option?

There is no need to automate it through a command line and make it complicated it should just work. If not get logs to the mymovies guys. I have ran it for more than 3 years without issues.
__________________
Upgraded to Comcast X1 + Netflix/Amazon Video streaming

***RIP SageTV***
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-12-2010, 12:49 PM
mkanet's Avatar
mkanet mkanet is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,359
Maybe the answers to my questions below go without saying? I honestly dont know or I wouldnt ask. Heck, for all I know, I might be using the wrong version of CM.

BTW, I deleted the cover images that I mentioned above (which were placed outside of the folder which contained the movie media file)... they just reappeared again in the same place! But, this time it also added the background fanart too. Well, at least it's persistent/consistent in putting the images in the same wrong place.

Once I can get a confirmation that I have the right configuration settings and have the correct software installed, I will post in the mymovies.dk forum.

Thanks,
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Okay, now you have me curious. I really hope I didnt overlook something really basic. I can't seem to find the setting to "uncheck" the collection manager option. I just have a drop down to toggle between tray icon, CM, or Windows Media Center. Speaking of drop down, I always wanted to know why at the top, I have a drop down menu item for "Media Center PC", but that's the only option I have to choose. I was guessing there might me a drop down menu option called SageTV as well.



__________________
Upgraded to Comcast X1 + Netflix/Amazon Video streaming

***RIP SageTV***
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-26-2010, 07:19 PM
sleonard's Avatar
sleonard sleonard is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,506
Did you ever solve the issue where Folder Monitoring doesn't pick up new additions? Mine is doing the same thing and I can't figure out why. I'm off the the MyMovies forums seeking answers.

S
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-26-2010, 08:10 PM
mkanet's Avatar
mkanet mkanet is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,359
I gave up and uninstalled My Movies. Everything on my extensive sageTV setup works perfectly and instantly like clockwork, including automatic fanart download, trailers, etc using other sageTV addons. This is the only component that just doesnt work the way it should without manual intervention; and, understandably so, since the sageTV flavor of CM is so new. With the new TV season, I dont really have much time, patience, nor motivation to manually scan My Movies every time I add a new movie (which is almost daily); let alone trying to track someone down on an unfamiliar forum to possibly help us out. Please post here if you guys make progress getting this resolved.

Thanks,
-Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard View Post
Did you ever solve the issue where Folder Monitoring doesn't pick up new additions? Mine is doing the same thing and I can't figure out why. I'm off the the MyMovies forums seeking answers.

S
__________________
Upgraded to Comcast X1 + Netflix/Amazon Video streaming

***RIP SageTV***
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-27-2010, 06:21 AM
PLUCKYHD PLUCKYHD is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I gave up and uninstalled My Movies. Everything on my extensive sageTV setup works perfectly and instantly like clockwork, including automatic fanart download, trailers, etc using other sageTV addons. This is the only component that just doesnt work the way it should without manual intervention; and, understandably so, since the sageTV flavor of CM is so new. With the new TV season, I dont really have much time, patience, nor motivation to manually scan My Movies every time I add a new movie (which is almost daily); let alone trying to track someone down on an unfamiliar forum to possibly help us out. Please post here if you guys make progress getting this resolved.

Thanks,
-Michael
Sorry you feel that way don't know what you mean by "track" someone down a simple post on their forums with logs as I pointed out to you usually does the trick. Don't know why you would expect support overhere when I have stated clearly I don't code that.

Sleonard,
Let me know via pm how it goes over there.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-27-2010, 05:42 PM
broconne broconne is offline
Sage Aficionado
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 306
I am having the same issue.. I have replied to sleonard's messaged with my own and included logs.. Will let others know what I find out.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to get the folder options dialog back? Ansy_74 SageTV Software 4 04-25-2010 06:20 AM
How to use cover.jpg instead of folder.jpg BigBirdy SageTV Software 4 04-23-2009 10:23 AM
Video library folder keeps coming back jstockton SageTV Software 2 02-29-2008 03:44 PM
Automatically update video import folders? travisbell SageTV Software 2 02-22-2007 04:06 PM
Back to a Sage Recording Category Folder? Deadbolt SageTV Beta Test Software 3 02-03-2004 05:46 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.