SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-20-2010, 03:30 PM
peternm22 peternm22 is offline
Sage Expert
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 607
Automatic Lookup?

Is there some trick to getting automated lookups working? I have "Automatic Metadata/Fanart Lookups" enabled, but when I record a TV show it doesn't automatically get the fanart/metadata. If I go into the web interface, I can manually update the metadata. Is there something I'm missing?

Also, is there a way to only download certain metadata (specifically season and episode numbers), and nothing else? I don't have any use for the fanart/posters/etc, or the other metadata that is available.

Thanks, and sorry if these are really basic questions but I couldn't find the answers.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-20-2010, 04:15 PM
stuckless's Avatar
stuckless stuckless is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by peternm22 View Post
Is there some trick to getting automated lookups working? I have "Automatic Metadata/Fanart Lookups" enabled, but when I record a TV show it doesn't automatically get the fanart/metadata. If I go into the web interface, I can manually update the metadata. Is there something I'm missing?

Also, is there a way to only download certain metadata (specifically season and episode numbers), and nothing else? I don't have any use for the fanart/posters/etc, or the other metadata that is available.

Thanks, and sorry if these are really basic questions but I couldn't find the answers.
If you check the phoenix-metadata.log, are you seeing your items in there. ie, there should be entry stating that it's starting to scan it, and another entry if it updated, skipped, or failed. That's the easiest way to tell if the automatic scanner is working or not. If you are seeing the items in there and they are failed, then we'd need to determine what the show was, etc, and I may need you to send me some logs.

You can't disable certain metadata, but you can tell bmt to NOT download fanart by turning off the central fanart (setting the web ui or plugin)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-20-2010, 04:33 PM
peternm22 peternm22 is offline
Sage Expert
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 607
Great, I managed to turn off the fanart downloading. However I am still getting a poster jpeg downloaded into my recordings folder (next to the recording), how do I turn this off?

I checked the phoenix-metadata.log file and I don't see it even attempting to auto lookup, all of entries listed are from when I manually search for metadata. When is it suppose to look for metadata? When the recording starts or ends?

Sage just finished recording an episode of Friends about 3 minutes ago, but I'm still not seeing anything in the log file about it trying to look up metadata.

Thanks (awesome plugin BTW).
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-20-2010, 04:38 PM
peternm22 peternm22 is offline
Sage Expert
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 607
I attached a screenshot of my settings, maybe you can see where I'm going wrong.
Attached Images
File Type: png settings.png (39.4 KB, 139 views)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-20-2010, 06:51 PM
stuckless's Avatar
stuckless stuckless is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by peternm22 View Post
I attached a screenshot of my settings, maybe you can see where I'm going wrong.
Well, the settings look good. As for the .jpg that gets downloaded, that is normal, and can't be disabled (for now). When fanart is disabled, bmt still downloads a .jpg for sagetv, and I never accounted for a case where someone would not want any poster at all

As for the scanning... perhaps you could create a zip of your log files (Tools -> Create Support Request from the web ui, don't include media file titles) and email it to metadatatools at gmail dot com.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-20-2010, 07:09 PM
peternm22 peternm22 is offline
Sage Expert
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 607
I played around with it a bit more and I think it's working now (I had a successful auto lookup for "Chuck"). A couple more questions though:

1) When a file is deleted, will the corresponding poster be deleted as well? It doesn't appear to be.

2) Can the meta data lookup occur at the beginning of a recording instead of when it's finished?

Thanks again.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-20-2010, 08:20 PM
stuckless's Avatar
stuckless stuckless is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by peternm22 View Post
1) When a file is deleted, will the corresponding poster be deleted as well? It doesn't appear to be.
I don't monitor when files are deleted (I probably should, so i added a bug), so currently bmt does not clean up after itself when files are deleted.

Quote:
Can the meta data lookup occur at the beginning of a recording instead of when it's finished?
I had to make a choice on when to do the lookup; either on start or completed. I decided on the "completed" status since bmt would not uncessarily fetch fanart/metadata for tv items when you are channel surfing.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-21-2010, 07:57 AM
razrsharpe razrsharpe is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 2,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I decided on the "completed" status since bmt would not uncessarily fetch fanart/metadata for tv items when you are channel surfing.
How about making a distinction between livetv viewing and favorite recording?
__________________
Server 2003 r2 32bit, SageTV9 (finally!)
2x Dual HDHR (OTA), 1x HD-PVR (Comcast), 1x HDHR-3CC via SageDCT (Comcast)
2x HD300, 1x SageClient (Win10 Test/Development)
Check out TVExplorer
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-21-2010, 08:11 AM
stuckless's Avatar
stuckless stuckless is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
How about making a distinction between livetv viewing and favorite recording?
I'll put some thought into it.... it's now an enhancement req.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
lookup.xml for Radio Times data? Alfiegerner SageTV United Kingdom 2 09-09-2007 03:27 PM
IMDB lookup problems Toddupton SageTV Customizations 7 06-28-2007 02:26 AM
EPG Lookup 3DFreek SageTV Customizations 0 08-17-2005 06:53 AM
Automatic DivX Encoding and Automatic Commercial Removal? TurboRX-7 SageTV Customizations 3 07-28-2005 09:00 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.