SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > The SageTV Community

Notices

The SageTV Community Here's the place to discuss what's worth recording, HTPC deals at retail stores, events happening outside of your home theater, and pretty much anything else you'd like. (No For-Sale posts)

Old 02-06-2016, 07:41 AM
Sage Icon

X-files relaunch

Anyone else happen to watch the X-files last Monday and wonder ... what the heck just happened? I was expecting someone to wake up from a dream the entire show.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Anyone else happen to watch the X-files last Monday and wonder ... what the heck just happened? I was expecting someone to wake up from a dream the entire show.
This episode was really a throwback tribute, in a way, to some of the original x-files shows. While the X-Files ran an overall theme of government/alien conspiracies... there were lots of random shows about creatures and simply unexplained stuff. So the format and "unexplained" nature of the episode isn't much different that those other episodes. In many of those episodes (like this one), Fox was the only person to actually experience the unexplained effects, directly. off the top of my head, I recall an episode about a genie that granted wishes... which was a far fetched as this episode in many ways. Now whether this 'really' happened, or whether or not Fox hallucinated the event, probably depends on his character... He really does want to believe... and that wanting/needing to believe is what drives him. I think this was the episode that basically corrected his depression about the fact that what he previously wanted to believe in, was a lie, and he was ready to throw in the towel... but now he's back on the believe train again

Anyways that's my take away

Don't know if you watched the "making of" episode with the cast (which aired before the x-files season 10 started), but it also shed some light on the format of the this mini-season.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:35 AM
Sage Icon

No, I didn't catch the "making of" episode. I'll have to watch for it to show again.

I had a friend at work that decided to watch his first X-files episode ever, and it happened to be "Were-Monster." He asked if that was the typical X-files, I said, "Not so much." It would be hard to see that one as your first episode.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

I watched it, all I could think is there goes the worlds supply of wrinkle cream!
Old 02-16-2016, 12:13 PM
Sage User

Thumbs down

Just watched Episode 5 "Babylon" - what a waste of disk space!

Worse then anything that caused me to stop watching the original series.