SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old Yesterday, 03:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

I went ahead and installed OpenDCT and can now confirm what you guys have already seen. New miniclient works perfectly with live TV OTA using EXO.

Now my new issue is that my older MPEG2 recordings still play stuttery. I then attempted to use the Sage built in conversion tool to conver them to MPEG4 in order to make them work with EXOPlayer but I got immediate failures when attempting to convert. Is anyone else having trouble with the conversion tool after the sage updates.

Note that I also installed the updated sage format detector
Old Yesterday, 03:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrament055 View Post
I went ahead and installed OpenDCT and can now confirm what you guys have already seen. New miniclient works perfectly with live TV OTA using EXO.

Now my new issue is that my older MPEG2 recordings still play stuttery. I then attempted to use the Sage built in conversion tool to conver them to MPEG4 in order to make them work with EXOPlayer but I got immediate failures when attempting to convert. Is anyone else having trouble with the conversion tool after the sage updates.

maybe you can try ffmpeg and remux to mkv
Old Yesterday, 03:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
I think you may have been the one I got the idea from for the one I made. I needed something to work with Windows, and the other solution at the time was limited in which OSes it supported, and required the windows firewall... So I wrote something that had less requirements.

I moved to OpenDCT because it has tighter integration with FFmpeg. I was forking the process and grabbing the stdout to process files. I have been using OpenDCT for ~1-2 years. Works really well. I did use my solution for a long time before ditching though.
I'm basically in that same boat - I haven't switched yet because for my setup the existing program was just working and it was stable. But I'm working on rebuilding my Sage server soon and might put in the effort to reconfigure everything if it means keeping my future options more open!

--John
Old Yesterday, 03:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
Could the ones with Amazon devices, could you please let me know how important having a store listing is to you. I just want to make sure this headache is worth it.
I sideloaded it using Downloader but I know not everyone is comfortable doing that.

--John
Old Yesterday, 03:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwegas View Post
I sideloaded it using Downloader but I know not everyone is comfortable doing that.

--John
I agree with you about most users prefer the store.
I found using adb much easier ... I created a drag and drop on my laptop just have to know the ip's of my clients.

Last edited by nyplayer; Yesterday at 04:02 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrament055 View Post

Glad to hear it's working!

I am in the same situation with the old recordings - I think we can just use ffmpeg's copy with the correct container format to fix all the old files, but I still need to test that.

Previously when I tried changing the existing video files and replacing them with different containers or encodings the playback on my HD300s was all wonky - it would be stuck in the first 5s or skip to the end immediately. Not sure if I need to do something special to prevent that or not. Has anyone done anything like that before? Maybe I just need to rescan all media when I'm done?

The built in Sage converter never works well for me. I'm going to test outside Sage and just remux to an mpegts or mkv container.

--John
Old Yesterday, 04:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I agree with you about most users prefer the store.
I found using adb much easier ... I created a drag and drop on my laptop just have to know the ip's of my clients.
Thanks, will check that out.

--John