SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2015, 06:34 AM
Sage User

FreeBSD Port

So, I've started to try to port the server to FreeBSD, so I can run it on my FreeNAS server. Since OSX is BSD based, there are some nice hints along the way.

So far, I have got the Sage.jar to build, but it's not running, because I haven't got all my natives sorted yet.

I've run into a problem with the Sage IVTV code. the Sage.jar seems to require it, but I don't know if it really provides value on FreeBSD. There's work to emulate V4L, but I will be using "HDHomerun Connect"s exclusively, so I don't really need it.

Therefore, the question to those in the know is: Is my time better spent trying to get the IVTV libs to compile, or to try to modify the java code to decouple the dependency?