SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-28-2021, 11:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

SageTV Web Interface with V9 64bit points to 32bit directory

So I was amazed at how easy it was to upgrade Sage V9.2.6 from 32bit to 64bit! I installed 64bit Java 8, 64bit Open-DTC, and of course 64bit Sage server. To my delight, everything worked... except the Sage Web Interface plugin. When I try to access the web page, I get: HTTP ERROR: 503

Problem accessing /sage/Home. Reason:

SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE

If I go to the root of the URL (just "/" with nothing else) I see that the web server is looking at the 32bit Program Files directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\jetty/webapps/nielm_sagewebserver.war}) instead of the 64bit Program Files directory.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Jetty and the SageTV Web Interface plugins without any success.

Any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks!
Old 12-29-2021, 06:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhkoenig View Post
So I was amazed at how easy it was to upgrade Sage V9.2.6 from 32bit to 64bit! I installed 64bit Java 8, 64bit Open-DTC, and of course 64bit Sage server. To my delight, everything worked... except the Sage Web Interface plugin. When I try to access the web page, I get: HTTP ERROR: 503

Problem accessing /sage/Home. Reason:

SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE

If I go to the root of the URL (just "/" with nothing else) I see that the web server is looking at the 32bit Program Files directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\jetty/webapps/nielm_sagewebserver.war}) instead of the 64bit Program Files directory.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Jetty and the SageTV Web Interface plugins without any success.

Any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks!
Did you copy your properties file from the 32 bit install?

I would look into the properties file and search for that path.

K
Old 12-29-2021, 11:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Same issue - Jetty Web Server plugin will not install properly with 64bit Sage 9.2 etc -- not sure where I lost it - perhaps the next version of Java, or 32 to 64 ? or? If anyone can advise how to get this working again I would appreciate it.
Old 12-29-2021, 12:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Did you copy your properties file from the 32 bit install?

I would look into the properties file and search for that path.

K
I think that you are right! I can see the the 32bit path numerous times in the properties file, so I will make changes during my next downtime window. That's one of my frustrations with plugins: they don't delete their entries in sage.properties when uninstalled, leading to an accumulation of dangerous junk in the file that can come back to haunt.

Thanks!
Old 12-29-2021, 09:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGsell View Post
Same issue - Jetty Web Server plugin will not install properly with 64bit Sage 9.2 etc -- not sure where I lost it - perhaps the next version of Java, or 32 to 64 ? or? If anyone can advise how to get this working again I would appreciate it.
Can you provide more details and perhaps your SageTV log file so we can review the failure. I am working on the update to jetty and have installed the old version numerous times on 64 bit SageTV.

K
Old 12-29-2021, 10:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhkoenig View Post
I think that you are right! I can see the the 32bit path numerous times in the properties file, so I will make changes during my next downtime window. That's one of my frustrations with plugins: they don't delete their entries in sage.properties when uninstalled, leading to an accumulation of dangerous junk in the file that can come back to haunt.

Thanks!
Everything works now! I edited the paths in sage.properties as recommended and things are great. Thanks for the advice.
Old 12-30-2021, 11:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Can you show the edit? I have not had 32bit Sage for a few years now but might be able to reconstruct since it would be nice to have the Web Interface again. thanks
Old 12-30-2021, 12:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGsell View Post
Can you show the edit? I have not had 32bit Sage for a few years now but might be able to reconstruct since it would be nice to have the Web Interface again. thanks
I just shut down Sage, then searched the sage.properties file, searching for the string "(x86)" and removing it (plus the space before the open paren) so that the parameter now points to the 64bit equivalent. A bit scary (I did make a copy of the properties file just in case I did something stupid) but it all worked out great.
Old 12-30-2021, 02:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you -- I will give it a try!