SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2006, 06:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Digital Cable - one guide - need HD on one tuner reg tv on other

Unencrypted QAM is now working in Sage thanks to the guys over at http://www.silicondust.com/zxc/content/view/5/26/
But I am having some trouble getting the EPG straightened out and correct stuff recording on correct tuner.

Here is a diagram of my setup:

I have Time Warner cable. My problem is the Hauppage card cannot tune a HD channel and the HDHomerun will ONLY tune the HD channels. If I use the EPG that sage downloads for Time Warner Digital Cable there is no way to tell it only certain tuners get certain channels since it combines the EPGs. I tried to do a custom EPG for the HDHomerun, but ran into problems. For example I tried to add custom channel 104, but the HDHomerun isn't able to tune it with just that info.. I guess it gets subchannels and stuff from the downloaded EPG that I do not know.

I read Donkey's post over on the Autumnwave thread and went looking for my .frq file for time warner epg to see if I could figure out the subchannels and such from that, but I couldn't find a .frq file other than "Predefinedscan.frq"

I seem to recall folks having this problem with Firewire recording, but I can't find those threads/answers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Is XMLTV the answer to this?

I really wish Frey would improve the EPG functionality by allowing a lock of one tuner to one channel/epg line-up instead of always sharing the epg data with both tuners.

--This post was moved here, but I'm using Version 5 -- Seems more EPG related to me --

Last edited by Kimper; 11-23-2006 at 10:26 PM.