SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Placeshifter

Notices

SageTV Placeshifter Discussion related to the SageTV Placeshifter application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Placeshifter software application should be posted here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Mac Placeshifter issues

I've been trying the Mac placeshifter client out on two machines. On my G4 mini, the image quality looks nice in a window, but when I full screen it is almost like watching a slide show. I watched the processor utilization and it was using the majority of the processor whether in a window or full screen. I turned off post-processing on the mac client and the proc util went down to about 15% in windowed mode, but was still very jumpy in full screen. I also have issues where it sometimes won't play a show back at all... It starts (as if it is going to play), then drops back to the menu immediately, or it comes up as if it is playing (with the info bar at the top of the screen and FF, REW, Pause, etc. controls at the bottom), then the screen goes black and it just sits there. This problem seems to stick with a particular file... I can go to other files or watch live TV without a problem, generally. The mini is connected via a wireless network.

On my Intel iMac, the image quality is about as good as I could expect. It's connected via a LAN (Gigabit switch, though I think the server is only 100 Meg) and usually plays back very well. After having the problem I mentioned above with the G4 mac on a particular file, I tried it on this machine and ran into the same problem. This same file plays back normally on my server machine. One possible issue is that this file is a HD file recorded with an ATI 650. An HD file recorded with an ATI HD Wonder works, though.

So, to summarize what I've learned while making this post - The G4 mini has performance issues in full screen, and the Mac placeshifter client seems to have issues with some HD files.

Anyone else seeing this?